What do you all think of Almay and Neutrogena?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what you thought about Almay and Neutreogena. I always heard that these brands were healthy for the skin, agree? But I have noticed in my case that with Almay the eye shadow does not blend easily and kinda crusts over the lid, instead of applying itself smoothly.

What do you think?

I have been using Almay for a while now, and what brand would you start recommending for me to wear? I hear a lot about MAC, never tried it honestly. I did like Clinique a lot though, but a little $$$$ a times.

neutorgeana are great in all of their skin care

and almays got a great makeup (i got their makeup for a enzel eyes,mascara and makeup) :satisfied:

I never tried it, so I don't really know.

They seem nice though.

Hi! Welcome to MUT! I'm Melissa from Atlanta!

I've never used any Neutrogena products, but I love Almay's foundation, powder and concealer. There are tons of drugstore eyeshadows you can try. Try doing a search for Milani or Prestige on the boards. You can find the link for the search on the toolbar near the upper right hand corner of the page, or in my signature. While you may get a ton of results you can narrow it down by searching for specific products like eyeshadow, lipgloss, lipstick, etc. Let me know if you need any help. You'll definitely find your answers super speedy in a search.

I bought a Almay foundation once, I had to take it back because it was so horrible. Ok the colour wasn't right, but it made my skin feel really unhealthy and it felt like it clogged up my pores :madno: .

Hi!

I think neutrogena is amazing but the sad part is im presently in Qatar middle east and the make-up line is not available here,i hope someone looks this message up and puts up their make up line on this side of the globe too

I like them both for certain items. I have to say I don't descriminate when it comes to makeup brands. I have cheapie brands like Wet & Wild and then I have high end brands like Chanel. If it works, it works, doesn't matter to me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't used Neutrogena, but I used to like Almay. However, Almay recently redesigned their line (they are a Revlon division and Revlon overhauled everything for all of their divisions). Now the Almay pressed powder and powder foundations aren't any good.

I do not mind Neutrogena for some skin products(cannot find the makeup here). I like Almay's fouundations and makeup for the most part-Skin Stays Clear and Skin Clearing Foundation and bright eyes cream shadow.

I think Neutrogena has some great skin care products, most especially their intensive anti-wrinkle serum for anyone who has lip lines, crows feet or 11's. It gave me dramatic results fast!

As far as Almay I tried their line smoothing foundation and liked it for winter use but it's too much moisture for me for summer. Any one with really dry skin though might want to give it a try. Other than that I don't have a lot of experience with Almay.

I only use Almays mascara since my eyes are sensitive. I just started using stila shadows and im very pleased with how I can wear them w/o a base if i just want some color.

I haven't tried many products in those brands -- I love Almay Whipped Gloss, but their One Coat mascara flakes off terribly, their Amazing Concealor is way too sheer for a concealor, and their loose powder did not come in a light enough color for my skin. The one Neutrogenia concealor I tried was also very sheer.

I have yet to find one brand where I love every product they make, you just have to find the best of each brand! For example, I love Maybelline's Moisture Extreme lipstick and Sky High Curves mascara, but their eyeshadows are way too sheer and poor quality. If you're looking for eyeshadows, Milani (available in some but not all drugstores) and Mod (available at www.modcosmetics.com) are the best I've tried so far! For face mu, I stick with Prescriptives since my dermatologist said that is the best for acne-prone skin.

Well one thing that I have noticed is that Neutrogena has an AWESOME mascara. No clumps. just smooth glide. Yes it is not as dramatic as other mascaras, but a whole lot claener and smoother.

What do you think?

I liked the old Skin Stays Clean and Amazing Lasting foundations. It seems like the new packagings contain less product and the quality is not as good.

As far as the skin care items go, I used to use all the steps in the Almay system quite a while back, cleanser, lotion and toner, and they were so great, then like someone else was mentioning about the MU ... they changed ingredients and the products no longer worked for me. Its too bad coz I think back then my skin was at its best from Almay

In neutrogena, I use the oil-free eye MU remover, its a total HG for me, so mild on the skin.

I use the Almay eye makeup remover, and like that...I think Neutrogena has a terrific skincare line but have never been impressed by their mu...(however ,I've never tried a lot of it...I'm not a fair judge.)

If you are looking for new eyeshadow brands, MAC makes terrific ones, and Clinique has the best cream eyeshadow I've ever used...Touch Tint For Eyes.

But Prestige and Milani make great (drugstore) eyeshadows at less frightening prices.

They both look so boring, normally I pass by them in the store. I do love Neutrogena's Wax Free Mascara

Neutrogena has great skincare...and Almay never has worked for me..it's too drying for some reason. It reminds me of Clinique.

I have never tried any Almay makeup, but I've used some Neutrogena products. In fact, I used the Nuetrogena oil free skin clearing liquid foundation for years, until I recently switched to a lighter foundation. I loved the coverage I got from it, it conceals everything. But I don't realized concealing my pimples wasn't going to make them go away, because I still broke out while using it. I've switched to a purer foundation and started a new skincare regime. Since then, I have seen improvements in my acne, as well as my face overall. But I would say Neutrogena, because they're foundation is great! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back