-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Colors and makeup for those over 50

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   Bronxcutie

Bronxcutie

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 04-October 05
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

My mother is 54 years old, no wrinkles, flawless skin. She's between an NC30 and NC37. She doesn't wear any foundation. I want to practice on her to help me build up my skills(plus we have two weddings to go to! LOL). I know that makeup artists say that women over 50 should stay away from shimmery shadows. The only neutrals I have are Shroom, Naked Lunch, Espresso, and Embark. I do plan on buying more neutrals. What is your advice on makeup for someone with this complexion? The blushes I own are Breezy and Coppertone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, would MAC's Bronze bronzer be too dark for her? I'm an NC45 so that is what I use.

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   braidey

braidey

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 24-January 06
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

Maybe stay with natural colors, I don't know if a 54 year old woman would like bronzer. I would definitely use the Coopertone blush. I am not familiar with MAC's e/s Hope this helps

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   Anna

Anna

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Joined 14-April 05
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

hmmmmmm. yea coppertone blush. i dont think you need to use ALL neutrals on here...depending on outfit color...ive been using purples on my mom shes 48 with a TINY bit of shimmer not everything with shimmer just one product with shimmer and she looks wonderful if i may say so my self. and weddings are special occasions so a little shimmer can be called for mind you this is comming from the girl whos father asks on a regular basis if i fell into a vat of glitter ;) but if you play up the eyes and keep everything simple i think itd work

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   Leza1121

Leza1121

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

Hi BronxCutie, Actually women 50+ can wear eyeshadows with some shimmer. So you've got more wiggle room :icon_bigg Blush should be applied softly. If you want to use bronzer, just get one in line with her coloring (some bronzers are darker than others). Working with neutrals is great. Mistakes don't show up as easily. :laughing: Have fun. :smilehappyyes: Btw, I left you a private message on Specktra.net :icon_wink
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   Bronxcutie

Bronxcutie

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 04-October 05
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

:laughno: That's funny! I'm going to practice on her. I'd actually like to see her with some purple shades. Maybe I'll look into some matte shades and one purple shade that has a satin or veluxe pearl finish.

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   Anna

Anna

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Joined 14-April 05
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

trax and star violet=love.

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

well, i'm not quite 50, but i'm close and i love the shimmers! just apply them with a light hand, or use one of those double-ended qtips (one end pointy, one end flat) and blend like crazy. you can even mute the tone by dusting with a neutral once the shimmer is applied. i wear shimmer everyday! it's so much fun and it makes me feel like a star! lmao