Dry eyelids

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a moisturizing eyeshadow for very dry..(with some wrinkles) eyelids? maybe a color that matches skin tone for the base eyeshadow that does not accentuate fine lines and wrinkles on the eyelid..I am turning 50 soon, and my eyes started to show it this week!

Thanks

Pam

Hey, Pam! :icon_smil Have you tried any cream eye shadows? Do you use a primer (such as Urban Decay Primer Potion)?

I hope someone will be able to help you soon.

I would recommend getting a good eye cream and then perhaps using a base such as Urban Decay Potion Primer or MAC Prep & Prime Eye. Benefit makes some good cream shadows which you might want to use but make sure you use a base first so that your shadow doesn't crease.

You might also try beige-ing shadestick ...but , I am not sure that it might not crease.

i think its more important to get your lids moisturized first- I use a combo of jojoba and vitamin e oil- using the vit e oil will not result in puffy eyes in the am. If you moisturize well in the pm, you won't need much in the morning, maybe just a light eye cream that sinks in fast. Then use a shadow primer. I don't think it matters if you use cream or powder, just remember two things- if you use a powder, make sure its a soft, creamy textured powder- not a dry chalky one. Second, stay away from really light and really frosty colors, they just accentuate wrinkles and any crepiness. A little bit of shimmer is fine, just don't pile it on and keep the colors on the muted side.

Urban Decay has some nice smooth powder shadows that aren't too frosty, and so does Aveda. I use alot of BE shadows, and some are shimmery, but the loose powder makes them easy to control, you can just brush on a sheer wash, maybe even over a matte, nuetral base shade to jazz it up a little.

In answering about dry eyelids, everyone seems to suggest a primer...here goes my stupid question...if these primers are meant to control oils in the eyelid, and mine are very dry, crepy, and yes even hooded...wouldnt this suck the last bit of moisture from my eyelids?

Not necessarily... I have semi oily lids but I still moisturize them and the Paint I use doesn't cause a problem at all. I would also suggest getting a good, deep moisturizing eye cream FIRST and apply it morning and night. You'll also need an eye makeup base, something for your e/s to "stick" to.

A good base that evens out the skin tone of your lids is MAC Paint. I use Bare Canvas and have pigmented lids and it works fantastic! I top the paint off with some MAC Cream Color Base to add some "moisture" to the Paint and smooth out the lid more. Some have complained that Paint alone makes their lids look crepey or the e/s look too powdery, but adding CCB on top of it takes care of any of that for me.

thanks for your response, when you apply the paint and the ccb, is it all the way up to the eyebrow, or just on the lid? i

thanks,

Pam

Pam I'll usually apply the Paint all over the lid and up to above the crease, sometimes all the way to the underside of the brow. The CCB is applied all over the whole eye area up to the underside of the brow.

Both products should be applied VERY sparingly, especially the CCB. Gently swirl your finger over the CCB and pat it very gently on the eye area. It shouldn't give a whole lot of color...

I found a brand I like at Walgreens called Isadora. It is a powder shadow, but it has a soft creamy feel to it. Also, Matte colors will be more flattering than frosts on dry lids. Good luck.

Laura Mercier cream eyeshadows are good for what you are describing. Bert's Bees also makes a Repair Serum that's very moisturizing around the eyes. You only need a drop to do both eyes.

Latest posts

Back