-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Help! Major hair dilemma! Yellow hair!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:03 PM

PLEASE HELP!!! I used a lightening cream for my hair from the Schwarzkopf Nordic colours range - I used the lightest one because my hair is already pretty light anyway. Anyhow, my hair is blonde but it's got quite a yellow tinge to it! What do I do to get rid of it? My mum has suggested a toner from Wella but I'm not sure which shade to get - do I get a purple based toner (supposed to tone down brassiness/yellow) or a beige based toner? My hair is really porous so I'm scared that if I do use a purple based toner that it'll go really blue/purple??? It looks stupid! Either that or would it be safe to a mousse colour that washes out in 6 washes?? I've gotta go to work tomorrow too which is going to be well embarressing!
*Vanessa*

#Post 2 of 29 OFFLINE   prettybabi11492

prettybabi11492

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 20-February 06
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:41 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you; I really don't wanna give you wrong info. I can tell you that I hope Janelle logs on soon and sees this so you can get fixed up by work tomorrow.
=)

#Post 3 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

well I've been looking over the Garnier Nutrisse permanent colours - thought this would be a little more nourishing for my hair! I've decided to get Light Beige blonde colour for my hair so fingers crossed it'll work!
*Vanessa*

#Post 4 of 29 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

Janelle, where are you!!??

#Post 5 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

please Janelle - I need you!!
*Vanessa*

#Post 6 of 29 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04
Reviews

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Sorry! I'm here! lol (Can't log on at work really anymore :() Have you tried Clairol shimmerlights shampoo? It's violet - but it helps tone down brassiness. If you want to go with another color, I would try the new L'Oreal Natural Match colors... try one of the cool blondes.... my friend used it and it help tone it down a bit. HTH!
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

#Post 7 of 29 OFFLINE   xkatiex

xkatiex

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Joined 27-February 06
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

I know how bad you feel, my hair went yellowish when my mum coloured it last week. I had to go to the hairdressers and she put a semi-permanent on top... guess I'm going to have to live with it till the stupid bleach grows out :eusa_wall:.

#Post 8 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

Hi Janelle no worries I completely understand about not being able to log on! We don't have the L'Oreal Natural Match over in the UK unfortunately! I thought if I get a Garner Nutrisse colour then it might be less harsh on my hair. Everyone keeps telling me to get a purple toned toner or colour like Ash Blond but the last time I used an ash colour my hair turned purple it was awful! I thought that as I've used a lightening creme that using a colour like Light beige blonde would be ok - fingers crossed it will be!
*Vanessa*

#Post 9 of 29 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:24 AM

I´ve had this problem twice so far...yellowish hair after getting it highlighted, especially near the roots. my stylist recommended L`Oreal Professionel "Gloss Protect System" shampoo in "Silver". it´s actually purple though, and my hair got back to looking NORMAL blonde in like a a week. I guess the results depend on what condition your hair is in. my stylist also said if you notice your hair getting ashy then it´s time to stop using it. HTH!

#Post 10 of 29 OFFLINE   ilafa

ilafa

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Joined 05-February 06
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:53 AM

try keeping the ash blonde on your hair just for a minute or so and mix it with a lot of water, so there won't be much dye. it worked for me!
blue-grey eyes with a bit of yellow
dark brown hair
ivory skin

#Post 11 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

well I went to Boots today and avoided all beige blonde tones (would turn it pinky) and all Ash tones (would turn it blue again) and got a Garnier Nutrisse that says "Light Blonde" so I hope it is a neutral colour. It's actually a darker colour than what my hair is now so I won't actually be stripping the colour just putting a darker shade on it. I also got a couple of toners in light ash blonde - the wash in wash out ones - just in case it goes a blue-y colour. My Goodness! what a nightmare! I'm considering going brunette if this doesnt work out!!! Just don't know if it will suit me! Aargh!
*Vanessa*

#Post 12 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

well I've managed to kinda sort the dilemma! I got a light blonde colour which took down the brightness and made it look like it was actually blonde then applied a light ash blonde toner to tone down the brassiness. Its actually looking better but it's still a bit too bright - I'm thinking of going brunette (see my other thread!) but I don't know if I dare do it. I've always been a blonde and I'm scared I won't be attractive to men and stuff as a brunette (just me personally - not other brunettes lol!)
*Vanessa*

#Post 13 of 29 OFFLINE   Sarah84

Sarah84

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Thats exactly why I feel better as a blonde, i think i fade into the background as a brunette haha Glad its not just me.

#Post 14 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:01 AM

lol Sarah!! I just think it suits me as a blonde. Ok here are a few pictures of how my hair was yesterday before I salvaged it and after I'd managed to sort it out. picture 1 and 2 are before and 3 and 4 are after!
*Vanessa*

#Post 15 of 29 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:04 AM

WOW you did a great job. I really love your hair color now :satisfied:

#Post 16 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

Aww thanks Andrea! I'm not too keen as it's a bit white and I feel a bit silly! lol! On my other thread I've said I'm going to go more golden blonde, bit more natural if you know what I mean?!
*Vanessa*

#Post 17 of 29 OFFLINE   prettybabi11492

prettybabi11492

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 20-February 06
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

Nice job toning it down! I'm gonna go visit your other thread ;)
=)

#Post 18 of 29 OFFLINE   Sarah84

Sarah84

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

As Andrea said you did a great job Vanessa. I love your colour, im so jealous I'd love to be able to pull of blonde hair like that

#Post 19 of 29 OFFLINE   Nessicle

Nessicle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 12-January 06
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:56 AM

ha ha thanks Sarah! I think I look well dodgy! Like Chantelle gone wrong! I've decided to go for something a bit more toned down and that will be easier to keep up with like this. If I keep it this blonde I'll look like an albino on holiday cos in the sun my eyebrows and eyelashes go really blonde! lol! Plus it's bound to get a bit more sunkissed in the sun anyway I reckon
*Vanessa*

#Post 20 of 29 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04
Reviews

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

Looks good Vanessa! I would wait a few weeks for it to oxidize before doing anything else to it though...
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

• 2,319,549 Posts
  • 102,760 Members
  • 18,227 Reviews
  • 53,992 Albums