Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

• Please log in to reply
724 replies to this topic

#1 sugarquayn

sugarquayn

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:01 AM

I was reading on another makeup board that this works as a great foundation primer for a lot of ladies, so I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever used this. If so, what did you think?
30-year-old; combo/sensitive medium brown skin with golden undertones; short, extremely coiled natural hair (4a/4b)

http: www.myspace.com/sugarburnz

#2 Satin

Satin

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:09 AM

Sorry I havent used this but thanks for posting!
JANE & SEPHORA - MY TASTE!

#3 anne7

anne7

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:13 AM

Um, isn't monistat for yeast infections? How is it supposed to work?
all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

#4 Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:23 AM

i never thought to use it as a foundation primer. just seems kinda strange to me to do so.

#5 eightthirty

eightthirty

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:48 AM

I would have a hard time doing it......if someone presented the idea outside of the package and I didn't know what it is, I might go for it. I just got a sample in the mail. US residents can get samples at http://www.soothingc....ple_buffer.htm

#6 Jennifer

Jennifer

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:52 AM

interesting. i'd love to know how it works.

#7 sugarquayn

sugarquayn

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:26 AM

It's not the medication. It's a powder gel for chafing of delicate areas. It's not medicated.
30-year-old; combo/sensitive medium brown skin with golden undertones; short, extremely coiled natural hair (4a/4b)

http: www.myspace.com/sugarburnz

#8 PaleBeauty66

PaleBeauty66

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:41 AM

That seems odd to me, I'd rather buy a primer, then use that. I would only use that if my crouch is chaffing! hehe lol!

#9 anne7

anne7

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:48 AM

Oh, I was going to say, how weird. I bet it has dimethicones, which is in primers. Anyone have an ingredient list?

#10 HorseMom2006

HorseMom2006

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:08 AM

I use this as a primer, and I LOVE it. I got the recommendation from another beauty board and it does work every bit as good as any type of primer you can buy. My liqiuid foundation goes on so smoothly, it's wonderful! Now, it is NOT the yeast infection medication. It's an anti-chaf clear cream (that dries to a very silky finish) that is made by the makers of Monistat. You'll find it down that aisle of Walgreens. Now, for the ingredient list.... Cyclopentasioloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone, crosspolymer, silica, tocopheryl acetate and trisiloxane.

#11 wondatwins2

wondatwins2

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

This sounds great and inexpensive!!! I just want to know for those that tried it is it okay for those with oily skin? :satisfied:

#12 anne7

anne7

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

Oh lordy, this sounds like something I might try. Thank goodness stores now have those self-checkouts. :)

#13 BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

I tried it and thought it was an exact dupe for Smashbox Photofinish Primer. I am not a fan of foundation primers, but for those who are this might be an inexpensive alternative.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#14 anne7

anne7

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

I just looked this up on drugstore.com, and one woman mentioned she used it for a mu primer in the cust. reviews! She said it was like DHC velvet coat, I think...

#15 speerrituall1

speerrituall1

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

I read about this on MUT about 2 weeks ago. A new member inquired about primers and someone responded by saying they used the Monistat anti-chaffing gel. It has the same ingredient as expensive primers--silicone. She said an MA suggested it to her. Cost all of $6.39 at Walmart. I'm luvin it! I'd sampled MAC Prep + Prime Face-- $19.99, loved it, but purchased this instead. I do not need to touchup with powder during the day, no shine.:satisfied: What a bargain!
Live, Love, Laugh!

#16 eightthirty

eightthirty

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:02 AM

I just don't think I could get over the idea of applying something that is meant for down below on my face. I love my overpriced Shiseido!

#17 anne7

anne7

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

If I try this and like it, I will put it in one of those empty bonus size clinique jars, just so I don't have to look at a monistat tube when i put on my mu. :)

#18 korina981

korina981

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:07 AM

I was just looking at foundation primers and thinking "this stuff is too expensive for me!"... but now... wow... i'm so gonna get this, lol! I LOVE how much i learn here!!!

#19 tinypinkbubbles

tinypinkbubbles

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

Hello all- I can't help but wonder how someone came up with this idea...Oh never mind, I don't think I wanna know.

#20 Xexuxa

Xexuxa

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:21 AM

This isn't the oddest thing I've heard. I've had to use feminine hygiene wipes to remove my make-up, and I think they work even better than other make-up remover wipes. They are way more gentle and work just as well :w00t:
Amanda

brown eyes, midnight blue hair, NC20, oily skin with good pores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users