Blackhead problems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have these horrible massive SPREAD of blackheads on my nose for what seem like ages! I've tried exfloiating, cleansing, washing my face three times a day, tons of water, but it hasn't shown any visible results! Does any one have good tips and methods to get rid of them? Are there any good and non-expensive products I can purchase at like Walgreens to help? What do you do to get rid of yours?

i worship neutragena's blackhead gel mask. it disolves the black heads. its kinda hard to get but i know ulta has it. it works very very well. i love it.

i've heard good things about biore strips for your nose. first steam some water in a pot and hold your face over (not in) the steam then use the strips :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

steam opens up your pore . .so the strips work betta

If you have massive blackheads - no product alone will get rid of it, you need to extract them. However you need to be very careful - over the years i have mastered extraction - and im very careful with hygeine and my skin. If you don't know how to extract- get it professionally done, but make sure they/you only extract tha really big ones, don't play with the small ones.

I have a little extraction tool from the Body Shop, i always rub it with rubbing alcohol - i make sure i only extract the big blackheads i have after the shower - or whenever my pores are open. Then i use witch hazel, or aloe afterwards. Between extractions you can use anti-blackhead masks and scrubs.

HTH!

What do you mean by, an extraction tool? Can you possibly explain that a little further? It sounds interesting, and probably at lot less damaging to your skin than squeezing them out with your fingers.

A friend of mine says she has great success with Clearasil products for reducing her blackheads. She uses the Blackhead Clearing Pads and Pore Cleansing Astringent. Both have 2% BHA and a good pH level to work effectively. I have read that BHAs are supposed to clean the pores from the inside out to dissolve blackheads.

I would try a salycic acid product, alot of them available for cheap now- avoid any in a cream or lotion base, even if it says noncomedogenic (or however you spell it) Nuetrogena makes an 2% salycic acid astringent called clear pore.

Any soap can clog pores also- it's the ingredients that hold the soap in the bar form that do it. Find an oil free cleanser and only moisturize the dry areas of your face, if at all. You may want to start exfoliating also, either with a scrub, which you can make by adding some baking soda to a creamy cleanser, or use a washcloth when cleansing, just get those dead skin cells off of your face!

one more thing, if you are using makeup, that could be clogging your pores. Look for oil free brands, i believe Nuetrogena and some other companies make foundations containing salycic acid too!

Do you just apply the astringent without cleaning your face with cleanser beforehand? I've been using the astringent too; I think the same kind (it's purple right?) and it hasn't been working at all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You could go to a beautician. Mine does blackhead extraction for almost nothing and it works wonders of course. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I can't help you with a specific product. Sorry.

I think going for a few facials is a good idea, maybe one a month for a few months, and go to the same esthetician so she can work on extracting them for you over time.

if that is the extraction tool that she is talking about then its a long metal stick with a hook on one end and a pointy stick on the other (like the pointy part of a pin).

hope this helps.

haha, it sounds like it, but its really not that scary. its actually very handy (compare to using fingers) when you want to remover blackheads and other things off your skin.

To use the hook part of the tool, you just basically apply light pressure onto the problematic area, like a zit, to extract the nasty stuff out. As for the needle part, you can use it to 'poke' a hole onto your skin, say a zit, and then use the hook to extract it. But most of the time its not necessary to use the needle part if the zit or blackhead can be easily extracted.

one thing to remember is to always clean the tool before and after to avoid any infections.

Yeah, the extractors aren't as scary as they sound. I have one from skin rx and it has come in handy.

I had deep little black heads on the sides of my nose and when I used L'Oreal Refinish microdermabrasion I scrubbed that area and then the blackheads came out easily as they were on the surface,I also use Clean and Clear blckhead astringent after my toner.HTH

oOo. That sounds MUCH better. Haha. I was imagining.. welll.... you don't want to know what I was imagining. LOL. Are there certain brands for those extraction tools I should be looking for? And also, are they simply called extraction tool or is there another name for it? Can someone post up a picture of what it looks like?

Latest posts

Back