Shaving your bikini line...use deodorant?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read somewhere that using deodorant on your bikini line will prevent bumps. Well I just had to try this and wow! I have no bumps and I've never been smoother. Just shave, dry and then apply lightly. I have found that the best deodorant for this is Dove radiant silk.
smiletongue.gif

interesting.........I'll have to give it a try!! is it only for immediately after shaving or apply daily??

Originally Posted by dentaldee interesting.........I'll have to give it a try!! is it only for immediately after shaving or apply daily?? Well I shave everyday but I think it's a good idea to apply it everday, even when you don't shave because sometimes bumps can form from tight fitting clothing.

wow, i've never heard of this... i saw the thread and went "huh?' thx for sharing!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty Do you use the deodorant after or to actually shave with? I've never heard this before. think after hun

Quote:
shave, dry, apply lightly

I shave my underarms when there is deodorant on it. It does come out smoother but ruins your razor. I don't do it anymore since I think shaving gel does a better job.

That's a long standing stripper trick; in all the clubs I've danced in (10 years and 3 states) all the dancers did this on the bikini area.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez here is more info o .. thx for the link... guess i missed that thread

You know I've tried this and it just didn't work for me. I wish it had. I used the Dove too. I used it after I epilated and every day thereafter. I'm glad it worked for you though.

Whatever I do I always have bumps on my bikini when I shave and I don't know what to do! And it's not looking so good when you're in the beach! I have very sensitive area there and I'm afraid to use a deodorant!

I haven't heard of this. I'll try it though. You can also use a bit of Neosporin on the bikini line after shaving when it's still damp. It is an anti-inflammatory. This has always worked for me. I do back you on using Dove-this is the most gentle deodorant I've ever used. It also has moisturizers (other deos don't) so that helps!

Originally Posted by islandgirl930 I read somewhere that using deodorant on your bikini line will prevent bumps. Well I just had to try this and wow! I have no bumps and I've never been smoother. Just shave, dry and then apply lightly. I have found that the best deodorant for this is Dove radiant silk.
smiletongue.gif
I don't doubt it at all that it doesn't work, it makes sense. Given it's not the same area, but whenever I get a tattoo, they always use Right Guard deodorant on the area they've shaved. I'm not too sure if it's more for the stencil to stick, or to also prevent any irritation. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!

Originally Posted by islandgirl930 I read somewhere that using deodorant on your bikini line will prevent bumps. Well I just had to try this and wow! I have no bumps and I've never been smoother. Just shave, dry and then apply lightly. I have found that the best deodorant for this is Dove radiant silk.
smiletongue.gif
Is the deodorant stick or liquid???

Hmm, looks interesting. I'll definitely have to try that out. Hope it works, lol. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Jinx That's a long standing stripper trick; in all the clubs I've danced in (10 years and 3 states) all the dancers did this on the bikini area. I had a friend who only took beauty tips from strippers, she was onto something because the girl looked fierce.
I'm definately going to try this, I'm so worried i'll have a reaction or something.

Latest posts

Back