-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Memebox

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Noncomedogenic/Non-acnegenic makeup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:59 PM

Since I can no longer buy Prescriptives brand makeup in my hometown, I'm looking for another brand that makes noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic foundation (and hopefully a concealer and loose powder too!) Any suggestions? If you're unfamiliar with the terms, products labeled "oil-free" do not contain oil but they may contain other greasy ingredients that can clog your pores. Products labeled noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic are not supposed to have any pore-clogging ingredients. Thanks!
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   Laura

Laura

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 06-May 04
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:42 AM

Have you ever tried Bare Minerals foundation girl_geek?? I know there are no chemicals in that so it might be worth looking in to. I'm not sure if it's labeled noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic though

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:38 AM

I've had good luck with Almay foundations, as well as mineral makeup. My fave MMU brand is Aromaleigh.

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for the advice girls! I did a little web-searching and came up with a whole list of noncomedogenic makeups, and common makeup ingredients with comedogenic ratings. If anyone is interested you can find the lists here: http://www.zerozits....fecosmetics.htm Fortunately some of these brands I can find at Walmart, so maybe I can start saving some money on makeup! (Prescriptives is pretty expensive on a college student budget -- $30 for foundation!)
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:48 PM

I've checked out that Sage list before, and it's given me some ideas as what to try. Currently, I'm hankering after BE Mineral Foundation, and BB Smooth Skin and Oil Free Foundations. Off their list, I've tried and really liked Almay Skin Smoothing Foundation w/Kinetin and Revlon Diffusing Tint.

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   karie-ann

karie-ann

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Arbonne is a Swiss Product line, their cosmetics are Noncomedoginic, Free of Parabens and Hypoallergenic.  They are also Certified Vegan and Organic.  Arbonne can only be bought through a Independent Consultant, which I am.  So if you have any more questions just ask.  :)

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   CharmedImSure

CharmedImSure

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 18-May 07
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

I have probably the most sensitive imaginable (I've developed some type of sun allergy)

and some things that have never clogged my pores- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation, Bare Minerals Mineral Powder, and Clinique's liquid foundations....those were like weightless.  Too bad I need more coverage now ( 

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   Bunny Bambina

Bunny Bambina

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11
Reviews

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm interested!