-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Side swept bangs on curly hair?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   sweetkitty55

sweetkitty55

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 05-February 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:50 PM

I love the look of long, side-swept bangs and I'm contemplating getting them cut at my next hair appointment. The problem is my hair is naturally curly and I only straighten it on the weekends. I was wondering if this style would look hideous when I wear my hair curly especially since my hair is really long. Does anyone else with curly hair wear this style?

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   smilingface

smilingface

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 11-June 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

I have wavy hair and I have bangs (not sideswept though). I usually wear my hair wavy and always straighten my bangs. I think it looks fine. I don't like the way I look without bangs. I am not so sure how it would look it you had tight curls. There are some good pictures on the site beautyriot.com. Check out Nicole Ritchie and Hillary Duff. The have sideswept bangs and wavy/curly hair. Good luck!

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   Maude

Maude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 17-May 06

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

A lot of my friends have curly hair and wear their bangs straight. It's not very long to straighten with a round brush or a flat iron. You could maybe try something that looks a little like Jessica Simpson, with longer layers.... kind of like that : http://www.coutureca....mpson-joey.jpg or http://z.about.com/d...sicaSimpson.jpg Only suggesting though !!!
Maude
17 years oldnormal, very sensitive skinbrunette /// dark brown eyes

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   Lil_Claude

Lil_Claude

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 16-August 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

I have curly hair and I think you can make it work somehow, i personally leave it curly and just straighten my bangs, and it looks good.

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:00 PM

I used to do that when i was in highschool but i got bored and just grew my bangs out but yeah i have curly hair.

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

I know a lot of people that have curly hair & wear the bangs straight.... it looks fine Posted Image
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   ivette

ivette

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Joined 12-November 05

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

i myself have curly hair too, but i usually get bangs. if u r interested in that particular style i would try to find a salon or stylist that specializes in curly hair

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   selene

selene

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:25 PM

I have the curl type of 2A/B, and at my next appt, I plan to do "very long" sideswept bangs. It may end up looking like more of a long angle on the side, but I don't plan to straighten them. I think it will look good, and what convinced me was a girlfriend who gets an angle cut in on the side, and it looks great on her, and she doesn't straighten the bangs, either. If you go too short, I don't know... with curly hair I always think that is a bad idea, usually! Posted Image

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   pinkbundles

pinkbundles

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,510 posts
  • Joined 06-March 06

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

hmmmmmm... i have natural wavy (bordering curly) hair and if i don't flat iron it...well, let's just say it's out of control and hideous!
Everything happens for a reason...

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   Luvly

Luvly

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

i saw a girl w/ curly hair && she straigthen her bangs and sweep it to the side. her hair was not tight curls tho. it was medium-loose curls. =]

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   sunshiine3xii

sunshiine3xii

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

you migh consider just straightening your bangs and doing a side sweep. it looks cute on some people. look through magazines and pictures before getting it cut to see if their is another style maybe similar to the side sweep that you like better or that might be easier to style.
I love you