Share Your Shopping Habits :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Share your shopping habits:

Do you shop with a plan, to match the things you already own? Do you shop for outfits (a pair of pants/skirt plus 2 tops that match)? Do you just buy whatever you like and try to match it with something you already own? Do you always go shopping with something particular in mind? Do you only buy what you 'need'?

I love shopping and I love clothes
smile.gif

I rarely go shopping with a particular garment in mind. I buy whatever I like (if it fits and looks good) and try to match it with someting I have at home; if I can't find anything to match it with, I get another excuse to go shopping again. I own clothes in various colours, so I almost always have something to match.

Originally Posted by ivette it all depends. sometimes i have an agenda, sometimes i don't. Same here. If I've bought some seperates and I know I need to get something to match them, I'll take those items with me for a sure match. Sometimes I'm just out to catch a great deal on whatever.

1. must have all the essentials for every season (spring, summer, fall and winter)

2. if if fits great, must have it in every colour i like

3. for dressy dresses, must buy accessories

4. must have a pair of shoes for everything (runners, heels, flats, ankle boots, knee high boots, sandals, etc.)

5. must shop alone...i'm more decisive that way than when someone is around

I loathe clothing shopping...I only when I know exactly what I want.

since i gained weight, i only go when needed, sometimes not even then, unless i REALLY need it.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles 5. must shop alone...i'm more decisive that way than when someone is around I'm with you on that one. I hate it when people try to discourage me from buying something.

I buy a LOT of clothes. I don't always go for shopping for any reason, I just go whenever I feel like it. I try to buy clothes that I like and it fits me, and I will make sure that I can match it with something I already have. My shopping habits also change with seasons....in summer i like to shop for capris, and in winter i like to shop for sweaters...i wish i could change that (to save some money), but it never happens!

Originally Posted by ivette it all depends. sometimes i have an agenda, sometimes i don't. I feel exactly the same way. My overall feeling about clothing shopping is that I LOVE it!

not really. but there are stuff im always looking for. so when i find it it makes me so happy. im usually just pretty random about shopping.

I usually just shop whenever for whatever....if I go looking for a specific item, I can NEVER find what I'm looking for!! If I have one item in mind I end up shopping for 8 hours, going to every store and coming home with everything but what I wanted.

I have certain styles at I look for so it's not completely random......for example, I try to only buy v neck tops.

Originally Posted by dentaldee I usually just shop whenever for whatever....if I go looking for a specific item, I can NEVER find what I'm looking for!! If I have one item in mind I end up shopping for 8 hours, going to every store and coming home with everything but what I wanted. that's exactly how i am too...
eusa_wall.gif

It sort of depends on my mood--and my budget. Generally,I shop when I "need"to--I'm not generally very extragavant in the clothes area. But I can be somewhat whimsical & impulsive, buying something just because I really like it and even if I probably can't forsee myself having a lot of places to wear it to...although then I'll half the time feel guilty for having spent the money in the first place! No, clothes-shopping for me is not an incredibly uplifting or lighthearted expeience...it can be fun, but I always have this slight sense of wanting to get through it faster--get it over with rather than enjoying every moment.

I start my spree as soon as I get my paycheck, and I suck at saving even a penny...
eusa_wall.gif

I LOVE shopping for clothes!! However, I am so much better now at not just buying ramdom stuff--I only buy what I KNOW I am going to wear as I was tired of looking at things in my closet and saying "What was I thinking!!".

I have no agenda---I just go and buy. If its cute and it fits--I buy it!! Not into trends as there are alot of things I have avoided this season (gauchos--my legs are short and I am hippy) hated anything with embroidery--not feeling the whole tunic thing and I have only purchased one pair of espadrilles. Love the big purses though!!

Shopping makes me miserable, because it's rare for me to find things I like. Even when I don't go with anything in mind, I'll browse for hours and come away with a couple of things that I'll love. I think it's mostly because the shopping where I live sucks. I need lots of variety, because I'm not one for trends and that's what the majority of the stores offer. I need to move.

Originally Posted by Jennifer since i gained weight, i only go when needed, sometimes not even then, unless i REALLY need it. i'm in the same boat! i used to buy clothing constantly...either going to the mall and buying (much like you, maychi) or on the internet, which is really dangerous, because somehow when you just use a credit card over the internet, it feels like you really aren't spending any money at all!
so now that i have gained weight, i have really helped out my pocketbook. i think when i finally lose the weight i will try to stay on this path...after i celebrate by buying lots of new clothes that fit me well of course!
whistling.gif

Originally Posted by ivette it all depends. sometimes i have an agenda, sometimes i don't. Lol, same here.
I usually invest on stuff I really need mostly like coat, dresses and shoes and I always look for bargain first because it helps for me for saving a little $. I don't go crazy on buying trend stuff, classic style usually last for years and years.

sometimes i go cuz i need new pants or something ... then if i see something else on sale ... i end up spending $200 more than i was originally going to spend on just pants ....

Honestly, I get quite a few items on eBay. NWT mostly, but a few without tags. I make a major shopping trip with money from our income tax return, and I generally spend about $200 on clothes from Lerner New York, Gap, Abercrombie & Express. I make sure I mix n' match so I can get more for my money when I do that.

Back