-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Share Your Shopping Habits :)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 42 OFFLINE   Maja

Maja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Joined 12-December 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

Share your shopping habits:

Do you shop with a plan, to match the things you already own? Do you shop for outfits (a pair of pants/skirt plus 2 tops that match)? Do you just buy whatever you like and try to match it with something you already own? Do you always go shopping with something particular in mind? Do you only buy what you 'need'?

I love shopping and I love clothes Posted Image
I rarely go shopping with a particular garment in mind. I buy whatever I like (if it fits and looks good) and try to match it with someting I have at home; if I can't find anything to match it with, I get another excuse to go shopping again. I own clothes in various colours, so I almost always have something to match.

#Post 2 of 42 OFFLINE   ivette

ivette

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Joined 12-November 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

it all depends. sometimes i have an agenda, sometimes i don't.

#Post 3 of 42 OFFLINE   junell

junell

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 19-April 06
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by ivette
Same here. If I've bought some seperates and I know I need to get something to match them, I'll take those items with me for a sure match. Sometimes I'm just out to catch a great deal on whatever.
Peace & luv.....

#Post 4 of 42 OFFLINE   pinkbundles

pinkbundles

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,510 posts
  • Joined 06-March 06
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:37 PM

1. must have all the essentials for every season (spring, summer, fall and winter) 2. if if fits great, must have it in every colour i like 3. for dressy dresses, must buy accessories 4. must have a pair of shoes for everything (runners, heels, flats, ankle boots, knee high boots, sandals, etc.) 5. must shop alone...i'm more decisive that way than when someone is around
Everything happens for a reason...

#Post 5 of 42 OFFLINE   Saja

Saja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

I loathe clothing shopping...I only when I know exactly what I want.
"I know, it's only rock and roll but I like it" - The Rolling Stones

#Post 6 of 42 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

since i gained weight, i only go when needed, sometimes not even then, unless i REALLY need it.

#Post 7 of 42 OFFLINE   Maja

Maja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Joined 12-December 05
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by pinkbundles
5. must shop alone...i'm more decisive that way than when someone is around
I'm with you on that one. I hate it when people try to discourage me from buying something.

#Post 8 of 42 OFFLINE   lavender

lavender

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

I buy a LOT of clothes. I don't always go for shopping for any reason, I just go whenever I feel like it. I try to buy clothes that I like and it fits me, and I will make sure that I can match it with something I already have. My shopping habits also change with seasons....in summer i like to shop for capris, and in winter i like to shop for sweaters...i wish i could change that (to save some money), but it never happens!

#Post 9 of 42 OFFLINE   prettybabi11492

prettybabi11492

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 20-February 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:02 PM

I feel exactly the same way. My overall feeling about clothing shopping is that I LOVE it!
=)

#Post 10 of 42 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

not really. but there are stuff im always looking for. so when i find it it makes me so happy. im usually just pretty random about shopping.

#Post 11 of 42 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

I usually just shop whenever for whatever....if I go looking for a specific item, I can NEVER find what I'm looking for!! If I have one item in mind I end up shopping for 8 hours, going to every store and coming home with everything but what I wanted. I have certain styles at I look for so it's not completely random......for example, I try to only buy v neck tops.
Did you ever stop to think.................and forget to start again!!??

#Post 12 of 42 OFFLINE   SexxyKitten

SexxyKitten

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dentaldee
I usually just shop whenever for whatever....if I go looking for a specific item, I can NEVER find what I'm looking for!! If I have one item in mind I end up shopping for 8 hours, going to every store and coming home with everything but what I wanted.
that's exactly how i am too...Posted Image

21 years old--NC 15 Blue-Eyed Brunette
*Notepad Updated 6/8/06*

#Post 13 of 42 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

It sort of depends on my mood--and my budget. Generally,I shop when I "need"to--I'm not generally very extragavant in the clothes area. But I can be somewhat whimsical & impulsive, buying something just because I really like it and even if I probably can't forsee myself having a lot of places to wear it to...although then I'll half the time feel guilty for having spent the money in the first place! No, clothes-shopping for me is not an incredibly uplifting or lighthearted expeience...it can be fun, but I always have this slight sense of wanting to get through it faster--get it over with rather than enjoying every moment.

#Post 14 of 42 OFFLINE   pieced

pieced

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:18 AM

I start my spree as soon as I get my paycheck, and I suck at saving even a penny...Posted Image

#Post 15 of 42 OFFLINE   Quiana

Quiana

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

I LOVE shopping for clothes!! However, I am so much better now at not just buying ramdom stuff--I only buy what I KNOW I am going to wear as I was tired of looking at things in my closet and saying "What was I thinking!!". I have no agenda---I just go and buy. If its cute and it fits--I buy it!! Not into trends as there are alot of things I have avoided this season (gauchos--my legs are short and I am hippy) hated anything with embroidery--not feeling the whole tunic thing and I have only purchased one pair of espadrilles. Love the big purses though!!
Quiana

#Post 16 of 42 OFFLINE   mehrunissa

mehrunissa

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Joined 03-February 06
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

Shopping makes me miserable, because it's rare for me to find things I like. Even when I don't go with anything in mind, I'll browse for hours and come away with a couple of things that I'll love. I think it's mostly because the shopping where I live sucks. I need lots of variety, because I'm not one for trends and that's what the majority of the stores offer. I need to move.

#Post 17 of 42 OFFLINE   jessica9

jessica9

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 16-August 05
Reviews

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer
since i gained weight, i only go when needed, sometimes not even then, unless i REALLY need it.
i'm in the same boat! i used to buy clothing constantly...either going to the mall and buying (much like you, maychi) or on the internet, which is really dangerous, because somehow when you just use a credit card over the internet, it feels like you really aren't spending any money at all!

so now that i have gained weight, i have really helped out my pocketbook. i think when i finally lose the weight i will try to stay on this path...after i celebrate by buying lots of new clothes that fit me well of course! Posted Image

#Post 18 of 42 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

Lol, same here. I usually invest on stuff I really need mostly like coat, dresses and shoes and I always look for bargain first because it helps for me for saving a little $. I don't go crazy on buying trend stuff, classic style usually last for years and years.

#Post 19 of 42 OFFLINE   LVA

LVA

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,636 posts
  • Joined 28-February 06
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:57 AM

sometimes i go cuz i need new pants or something ... then if i see something else on sale ... i end up spending $200 more than i was originally going to spend on just pants ....
HGs . EDM foundation, Smashbox Primer, MAC MSF Shimpagne, MAC 187, MF LP, Chanel Incognito, Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit, CHI, Matrix Iron Smoother, HSH shampoo/conditioner,

#Post 20 of 42 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

Honestly, I get quite a few items on eBay. NWT mostly, but a few without tags. I make a major shopping trip with money from our income tax return, and I generally spend about $200 on clothes from Lerner New York, Gap, Abercrombie & Express. I make sure I mix n' match so I can get more for my money when I do that.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."