Milani Cruelty free

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Min

Reaction score
For those who will only wear cruelty free or prefer it I wrote Milani to find out if they were cruelty free. Ive been wanting to do it for a while & finally got around to doing it. Heres what they said....

Hello Malinda!

Milani’s manufacturers do not perform any animal testing, and our cosmetics do not contain any animal by-products.

Thank you for contacting us!

Alison Wallner

Milani Cosmetics

2111 East 51st Street

Los Angeles, CA 90058

(323) 582-9404

Toll-Free 1-866-789-8002

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know
laughing.gif

YW I was actually afraid to find out. Now I dont have to worry about it. I try to stay as cruelty free as possible.

I have been researching Milani Cosmetics and I emailed the company to find out if they do animal testing and got no response. I also called the toll free and local phone number posted for their company (you supplied it also) and all you get is a busy signal....sounds like animal testing to me!

I thought the op already clarified this?

Anyhow you could alternatively check the leaping bunny and peta websites. I believe they list which companies are in fact cruelty free or vegan.

I checked out Peta's website and Milani wasn't listed and Milani's website doesn't mention it is as cruelty free, but various blogs say that they are cruelty free.  

I find it odd that they wouldn't advertise that on their site.  I looked on my milani makeup and none of them have an ingredients list which is rather annoying!

I actually have nothing against animal testing, because what is the alternative?

Well, let me tell you, the foreskin of new born babies. Yes, that is correct.In the US; Hospitals sells the foreskin of butchered babyboys to cosmetic companies for testing and science, so they can tell us the consumers that they do not test on animals. But this is better=?

i can agree with you and there is a fine line. circumcision isn't illegal, it can be for religious, traditional or health reasons, so putting the removed skin to use doesn't bother me if it is no longer on the child.  I don't believe that doctors and the medical community do enough to tell parents that circumcision doesn't have to be performed usually. when my son was born the doctor that delivered him was just like "circumcision or no?" right after he was born.  I was surprised at how eager they were and i told him no.  i am not a fan of circumcision as it is painful, the baby has no choice, and sensitivity can be decreased as well as increased psychological problems.   hiv and other std's sometimes cannot infect a circumcised male as easily, but should not replace birth control like condoms.

animal testing i can also understand because you can breed down mice several generations to see the long term effects of what could happen to a human but is inhumane to do to a living creature.  then all of the other needless testing that is cruel.

both methods have drawbacks.  you would think that by now all the products used in makeup would have been tested by some company somewhere, but no, they keep coming up with ways to poison us through our faces.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually have nothing against animal testing, because what is the alternative?

Well, let me tell you, the foreskin of new born babies. Yes, that is correct.In the US; Hospitals sells the foreskin of butchered babyboys to cosmetic companies for testing and science, so they can tell us the consumers that they do not test on animals. But this is better=?

By that do they mean only their finished products are not tested on animals or also ingredients? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but what's the point of buying cruelty-free if the ingredients they use have been tested on animals? I went cruelty free just a few months ago and still learning and expanding the things I buy to be just that.

I know this is old, but it seems to not have a definite answer, either way.

And are you serious, that you see no difference in using dead flesh, as opposed to a living animal? Really? Are you an idiot?

I dont agree with cutting the foreskin off, but if some parents wanna do it, thats their business, and better that skin be used for something, that ending up as medical waste.

If you think using an animal is better that using dead skin, theres something wrong with you.

So you see nothing wrong with exposing innocent animals to caging and weeks of testing that could result in a number of physical effects, such as allergic reactions, infections or even death? So that humans can look good? With today's technology and already VAST collection of results from previous tests, there should be no need to continue with these inhumane practices. It makes me sick that we as a species think that we have the right to take another species out of their environment and use them for our science experiments. If you think that is in any way comparable to testing on discarded foreskin tissue (dead tissue) then you really don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Back