Help with makeup for 14 year old cousin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I promised my 14 year old cousin I would do her and her friends makeup for there semi formal. Whats appropriate makeup for a 14 yearold?

My honest opinion (humble one though!) is to go w/ lighter neutral shades. Almost nude colors. Just a little blush, e/s and a sheer, shimmery lippie... Although, I'm thinking about when I was 14 y.o., and I couldn't wear anything really then... Kids are WAY different than when I was 14, and that was 12 years ago! Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion. Post some pics so we can see what you did though *hint, hint*

i think it's ok to spice it up for special occasions. i guess it depends on how much makeup they wear now and if their parents allow it,etc. i know that when i was 14, i wore foundation, eyeliner..pretty much the whole deal. but my parents didn't care. i say if you're going with a sheer lip, give her a somewhat dramatic eye, like maybe some e/l in a dark, sultry color.

I'm with Aquilah... shimmery and sheer shades are the way to go with a 14 yr old. She might also require a tiny bit of concealer and maybe some mascara (especially if she's blonde)

I think that since its an event, there's nothing wrong with having foundation, es, lp, mascara, etc. etc. on. of course don't make it super bold but somewhat natural.

I think most 14 yr olds probably don't need foundation. If she has good skin, I would just dust with sheer powder or tinted moisturizer. If she has bad skin/acne scars/marks, I wouldn't go full face, only put foundation/ concealer where she needs it. In my opinion

It depends on her style. If she's a quite natural gal, use shimmery nudes, light makeup and a glittery gloss... If she's a mini-plastic (have you ever watched mean girls?) , she'll need a bolder makeup (but not over the top, otherwise she'll look like a young girl who stole mom's makeup and is trying to pretend she's older)

I honestly think 14 year olds shouldn't wear makeup at all, she could start with some lipgloss or tinted lip conditioner, a little shimmer on her eyes, curl her eyellashes.

Originally Posted by Aquilah My honest opinion (humble one though!) is to go w/ lighter neutral shades. Almost nude colors. Just a little blush, e/s and a sheer, shimmery lippie... Although, I'm thinking about when I was 14 y.o., and I couldn't wear anything really then... Kids are WAY different than when I was 14, and that was 12 years ago! Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion. Post some pics so we can see what you did though *hint, hint* i agree! i get sick when i see 14-year-olds with sooo much makeup on. my sis is 14 and wears the heaviest black eyeliner ever. i wanna punch her and make it worse!

lol.gif
jennifer, you crack me up. but i agree, it looks pretty bad when teenagers wear alot of mu.

i would go with a concealer, to camoflage troubled spots,

maybe some mascara, and a little lipgloss.

I think a little bit of gloss and blush is good for a 14 yr old. Maybe clean up her brows if she's never plucked them?

Im 16 and I have a 13 year old sister, so I know what most of them wear... basically go simple! Depending on the girl I know my sister goes with the whole punk look one day and then light and pink the next! She doesn't wear blush or anything but I would say light pink, mascarea, clear lip gloss and maybe concealer if she needs it... make sure to tell her that they MUST take off there make up before bed though

that would really depend on the clothes that they gonna wear but i think for 14 year old..try for some pastel colors...not to bright..i think they will like it.

DONE!!!

OH man that was insane....4 14 year girls, trying to get their hair and makeup done....But it worked out really well!! Ill try and post a pic later.

i started my niece on clear mascara and lip gloss. i did add a shimmer eye pencil in pale pink. she just turned 15 in april. i did start to arch her eyebrows as well. she thought she had a unibrow.

Latest posts

Back