Mineral Makeup that doesn't have bismuth?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you recommend some Mineral makeup that doesn't contain bismuth, talc or mica? I have read some bad reviews about mineral makeup, and looks like the itchiness or breakouts are caused by bismuth. So Bare Essentials is out of the question. Which other brands are good, ie, they don't contain the bad ingredients?

I have very sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin. I don't like liquid foundation or anything that looks cakey on me.

I realli like everyday minerals .. hmm ... it has mica though ... why dont u order a sample of it ?

Everyday Minerals Makeup Ingredients

Mineral Makeup

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Finishing Dust

Zea Mays (usp Corn Starch Modified), Iron Oxides

There are several brands out there that don't contain bismuth or talc, but mica will be hard to avoid when it comes to mineral makeup...I don't think I've found any brand that doesn't have mica, so it's probably a pretty important part of what makes mineral makeup what it is. Here are some brands/websites that I know of that don't contain bismuth or talc:

Mad Minerals

J.Lynne

Alima Cosmetics - I've read great reviews on this brand, and am planning on getting some samples soon!

Aromaleigh

Cory Cosmetics - they list the ingredients by product on their site, and apparently they don't use mica; maybe this is the brand for you!

Everyday Minerals - this is the brand both LVA and I currently use.

Good luck finding which one works best for you!

I don't think that mica is actually an irritating product... But it's just my opinion.

I also am using Everyday Minerals and have absolutely zero problems. My face actually looks great.

Originally Posted by lovelyrose Can you recommend some Mineral makeup that doesn't contain bismuth, talc or mica? I have read some bad reviews about mineral makeup, and looks like the itchiness or breakouts are caused by bismuth. So Bare Essentials is out of the question. Which other brands are good, ie, they don't contain the bad ingredients?
I have very sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin. I don't like liquid foundation or anything that looks cakey on me.

If its a good MMU it shouldnt have talc & as far as I know they all have mica it just varys on how much. Ive never heard of any problems from mica bismuth & talc on the other hand I cant wear either they both cause itching. I wear EDM but there are others that dont contain bismuth another that comes to mind is Pureluxe I also tend to have sensative/dry skin & wear EDM all the time.

Originally Posted by cynpat2000 I dont think that physicians formula contains bismuth either . I think you are right I forgot about that one. Its also talc free.

Everyday Minerals is the best I've tried. It has quickly achieved HG status with me. It melds with my skin and provides excellent coverage

Alima - there's plenty of good reviews, but on me it was dry and powdery and provided no coverage. Honestly, I think the Physicians Formula was better than this. Save your money.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are several brands out there that don't contain bismuth or talc, but mica will be hard to avoid when it comes to mineral makeup...I don't think I've found any brand that doesn't have mica, so it's probably a pretty important part of what makes mineral makeup what it is. Here are some brands/websites that I know of that don't contain bismuth or talc:
Mad Minerals

J.Lynne

Alima Cosmetics - I've read great reviews on this brand, and am planning on getting some samples soon!

Aromaleigh

Cory Cosmetics - they list the ingredients by product on their site, and apparently they don't use mica; maybe this is the brand for you!

Everyday Minerals - this is the brand both LVA and I currently use.

Good luck finding which one works best for you!

Thanks Nisa!

Aubrey Nicole has great MMU. I wrote them recently while checking on their ingredients for someone on another board. Their foundation contain no Bismuth or Talc and contain only Sericite Mica, no pigmented Mica.

I'm with robinm. I adore Larenim cosmetics and have had great luck with their products. Their products are talc and bismuth free. However, I don't know of ANY mineral makeup that is mica-free.

I think there's been concern about talc being linked to health problems for centuries. I remember when I was little, my mother (who is a chemist) refused to allow me to have any powder containing talc. I'm not sure how much actual evidence there is to support these concerns - obviously not enough to keep it out of many of our cosmetic products (it's what gives them that silky look and feel). But you would be surprised what else talc is used for if you do a little web research.

Back