Dry Scaly Scalp and Color Treated Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there any shampoos safe for someone that colors her hair. My scalp is very itchy and becomes inflamed. I need something to come this down, as I find I am always scratching it and I know that does not help. Please any suggestions would be great.

Also have you heard of a product called Ducray, Elution shampoo and is it safe for colored hair.
kopfkratz.gif

Do you have dandruff also? It might be seborreic dermatitis (a "stronger" dandruff), so it would be good to treat the skin condition , as well as using specific for colored hair shampoo

Olive Oil is good for itchy scalp but is greasy to def!!!!

I also like Redken's Butter Conditioner.

I have dry scalp and dandruff due to coloring my hair as well. I use Pantene Pro-V 2 in 1 dandruff shampoo and then also use conditioner with it (because those 2 in 1's never condition your hair enough). It seems to take out the itchiness w/out affecting my color.

However it kind of sucks because there are other shampoos that I want to try but I know that if I quit using the dandruff shampoo, I will start itching again!

Have you seen a dermatologist? You might be having an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the color.

Well I've been dying my hair since I was 17 (I am almost 26 now) and the problem has just started recently within the last yeah or so. So I don't think my problem specifically is an allergic reaction, I just think it is the wear and tear that the dye has done to my scalp. That's my situation anyways.

You could try "Scalpicin Itch" or "Nutregena T-Gel". I don't think "Selson Blue" or "Pert Plus" would be good for color-treated hair, although they do have shampoos specifically designed for that. The first two I mentioned I know work. There was a period of about two years when I had really dry itchy scalp, and it's all better now after using those two things. I don't use them anymore, but I haven't had any more issues with itch for years.

I would use those first before Jojoba oil just to let your scalp heal from any injury due to scratching. Then after the inflammation goes down, use the natural oils. I personally like to use crushed avacado with a touch of vinegar to temper the oil. It works great and it's quite soothing.

Oh my daughter had seborreic dermatitis when she was younger..I had exzema of the scalp...I hate "Nutregena T-Gel", "Selson Blue" , and "Pert". I use our shampoo with tea tree oil in it and it works great. I love it. I also like to try other things time to time and I really like Head and Shoulders Ocean Breeze. Both did not effect my color. Ours with tea tree oil has no harsh ingredients to strip or discolor hair. H&S I did not notice any change in the color.

Ann Phelps
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back