Another Back 2 MAC policy...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i went today to nordies for some back to macs i took in 12 things got 2 lipsticks, and the girl was like "we keep the packaging" WTF?!!!! WHY? is that stupid or what? what if i want to give them as gifts? i swear they are always coming up with new rules for b2m! it made me mad cuz i like my stuff in boxes, by the way i got "morange" and "new york apple"

I'm having a stupid moment...what do you mean keep the packaging? The "new york apple" sounds pretty.

They all keep the boxes and always have. I am not sure why but it is not just Nordies who does this.

I do all of my B2Ms at Macy's and they have never confiscated the packaging.

like you know when you buy a lipstick it comes in a box? thats what i meant so now they just give you the lipstick without the box!!!! how ridiculous is that!! i mean they still scribble on the bottom of it b2m, so its not like your gonna sell it, or return for refund or something stupid like that, i was just soooo mad!!!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe They all keep the boxes and always have. I am not sure why but it is not just Nordies who does this. well at nordies and the mac store i always got my lipsticks in their individual boxes ALWAYS, this was a first for me. and i have tooken b2m at least 20 times.

Wow that's really stupid that they keep the box. I don't have any MAC products yet so I haven't had to deal with my local MAC store.

We don't keep the packaging... I don't know if Nordie's does something different or not, but at the store, we just mark the bottom of the lipstick and the UPC label on the package with a red mark to indicate that it is a B2M lipstick and isn't allowed to be returned or exchanged.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 like you know when you buy a lipstick it comes in a box? thats what i meant so now they just give you the lipstick without the box!!!! how ridiculous is that!! i mean they still scribble on the bottom of it b2m, so its not like your gonna sell it, or return for refund or something stupid like that, i was just soooo mad!!!

well at nordies and the mac store i always got my lipsticks in their individual boxes ALWAYS, this was a first for me. and i have tooken b2m at least 20 times.

It's not stupid actually, because we have to take the box for inventory purposes. Each lipstick is scanned out so we can track how many have been given out for the program.
And hey, at least you get a free lipstick. I'll take that, box or not!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's not stupid actually, because we have to take the box for inventory purposes. Each lipstick is scanned out so we can track how many have been given out for the program.

Free = Good !

macy's and nordies does this. i've never gotten the boxes with my stuff. i don't care, though, because it's free!

I don't really know about MAC that much here since we don't have the counter/store. But it's good to know, thanks for sharing though.

It's no big deal to me. It's less garbage for me. Perhaps if you're giving it as a gift you can package it in a nice tin or something? At any rate, excess packaging is like getting those cheap plastic hangers with your clothes from the store.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's not stupid actually, because we have to take the box for inventory purposes. Each lipstick is scanned out so we can track how many have been given out for the program.

ok stupid was a harsh word but if they have never kept the box since ive been taking them back dozens of times and then for them to take it now, i think anybody will at least be like "why?" and yes of course i know i do get a free lipstick out of it, but i still bought something from them to get it free, i didnt walk in there and say, "i want a free lipstick."

If you are going to give it as a gift, maybe you could give it in a little lipstick case/holder that th person could carry it in there purse.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe If you are going to give it as a gift, maybe you could give it in a little lipstick case/holder that th person could carry it in there purse. your right i wasnt trying to make this whole big deal about macs policy, i guess i was just venting at the time, its just that some people (including me) like to store their stuff in packages.
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Soooo let me know if this is a stupid question lol I have never done the back to mac thing. Can you take the packages you get from exchanges in future exchanges? Again let me know if that's a dumb question I haven't done this before I'll be doing it for my first time on Monday lol.

Back