Help... the skin on my nose is peeling :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get this every so often, but more during the winter... the skin just gets a little leathery and I end up in front of the mirror trying to peel it off :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... hellllp!

Maybe try exfoliating and putting thicker layer of your face moisturizer on before bed time. A moisturizing mask after exfoliating might also help. I used to get this too when I used Clinique but not anymore after I changed my skin care routine and brand.

I get that if I'm sick and I'm blowing my nose a lot. Try putting on vaseline on your nose whenever you can (like after work/school, overnight, etc.).

Originally Posted by missyLST hello im new and i been reading all the old post and see if i could help some people and i happend to find yours.
i had this problem befor,but my intire face was pelling.what i did was get a sour orange or lemon and rup it on your face everyday for about two days or three and the pelling should stop.night and morning
icon_cheesygrin.gif
good luck.tell me how it works

Welcome Missy!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet ya' !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by missyLST hello im from FL, nice to meet ya to.and everyone else
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i love this site so far Welcome to MUT.
My nose seems to peel a lot so what I tend to do is lightly exfoliate and use lots of moisturizer.

Originally Posted by littlemitzik I get this every so often, but more during the winter... the skin just gets a little leathery and I end up in front of the mirror trying to peel it off :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... hellllp! i say go for the fast n' easy way:
a few years ago i had a chemical burn, and it was peeling bad when it was heeling up. so i decided to use Biotherm AquaSource moisturizer (for oily/combination or go for Dry Skin/normal depending on ur skin type) and the thermal spa water they have enriched within the moisturizer really helped stop the peeling!

good luck girl
smile.gif

I get that with certain acne medications or if I use too much medication on my nose. I've found that some gentle exfoliation (I use a Buf Puf brand sponge with Cetaphil bar soap to clean and exfoliate my whole face daily; you can also use Dove soap if you want more moisturizing) and Cetaphil moisturizer clears it up in a day or two. I love that Cetaphil moisturizer -- it won't clog your pores and cause acne, and it moisturizes great!

Now I just don't use all my acne medications on my nose, since I seldom get acne there anyway and the medications don't bother the rest of my face
smile.gif

Id use aquapor oitment works great when i have a cold and under my nose gets dry,good luck,and WELOCME toMUt Missy-Thats my best friends name too,lolxGwendolyn from NY

I use Smith's Rosebud Salve when I've been sick and my nose is super peely. Sometimes my nose gets flaky for no reason, so I just slap on a little Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and that seems to take care of it.

If it's just dry around the nostrils (like from blowing my nose too much) a lip balm like Blistex or Vaseline also works
wink.gif

I had this problem for all of 2012 pretty much. It was awful and embarassing...and nothing helped.  My nose just kept peeling and it was red and raw. I tried everything, exfoliating, moisturising, and vaseline! 

Finally, I went to the dermatologist (best one according to Yelp!) and she didn't help either!  Then, one day at work I was complaining about it around a co-worker and he said matter of factly- "It's psoriasis!  Just get a jar of the coal tar psoriasis ointment from the drug store. It smells bad but it's the only thing that works."  I couldn't believe it, within a couple of days my nose was better than it had been in 12  months!  I'm so thankful and relieved I had to write about it because when I was suffering no one had the answer online.  It's true the ointment smells bad but if you use it regularly it helps.  I haven't been able to stop using it or the peeling starts again.  Psoriasis is stress related so maybe if I could eliminate the stress it would clear up...atleast I'm not stressed about my gross peely nose anymore...one step at a time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back