Rant and Rave - Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hows your skin doing? Just wanted to start a thread so everyone can comment on there skin...

My skin is not too bad but its still really sensitive, it reacts to everything
sleepyhead.gif
so all I use onit is sunscreen, mild facial soap and a eye gel.

My acne has cleared up a lot in the past 6 months so that makes me very happy!
biggrin.gif
I haven't changed anything about my routine, so the only thing I can think of is that it must be from not being so stressed out from grad school. My skin started clearing up about a month after I graduated!

My only rant is that it's still very oily. I haven't been able to find a product that reduces the oil production, but I have recently discovered blotting sheets so at least I can keep the oiliness under control even though I can't prevent it!
smile.gif

my skin is doing great!!! for the first time in my life .. i'm realli happi w/it !!
biggrin.gif
of course .. i woke up this morning . put on a lil mu ... went to work and found a tiny zit on my forehead . grrr .... hee hee

The oil in my skin is incredibly overactive. They LIED when they said that breakouts, pimples, and acne would end at adolescence. I work with all this oil the best way I can (soaps, clay masks, exfoliation etc).. My reward is looking at my 81 yr. old mother who has NO wrinkles, lines, or crows feet, and whose skin is still oily! My mother used bar Ivory soap for 50 yrs., that's it--no cleansing creams, moisturizers, nothing.

My skin has been terrible for the past couple of months. I am very broken out, and this does not seem to be in relation to any new products that I've been using. I think it is mostly stress because I am having to spend so much time away on business (I mean weeks upon weeks away) and it's very depressing for me and I miss my dog terribly when I am away. I am thinking about looking for a new job, but I fear the consequences of that (i.e. I would lose the money in my 401(k) and I don't really look forward to interviews, etc.).

My skin has been pretty good lately. Over the last few months, I have simplified my skin care routine. I find with my sensitive skin, less is more. Plus, not so expensive!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I found what works for me!

my skin has alot of hyper-pigmentation!!!!!I hate it b/c I can never go without foundation.........other then that it's not bad except the odd zit along my jawline b/c of my mask at work.

it's not being nice to me right now. i have redness in my cheek area and a brand new pimple on the side of the bridge of my nose.

Great thread!

My skin is doing great and happy! Really, no pimple/acne at all even on PMS.

It used to be oily before but now it looks like my skin is changing from oily back to normal again. What I did just find a simple skincare regimen and stick with it also regular exfoliate or mild peel works great for pimple prevention.

My skin is okay. I've been trying for a couple years to clear up my acne, and I've been through soooo many different products and multiple visits to the derma. So far, this new cream is working a little better. My skin is still a little pinkish red around the T Zone but little pimples!

Cool thread!

My skin was really acting up a few months ago and it looked awful. I've been more meticulous with my regimen since, and it's cleared up significantly. A few small bumps on my forehead left and a lot of hyperpigmentation, but I'll fix that soon. The water challenge is doing wonders for the tone and texture of my skin though.

Originally Posted by xkatiex Hows your skin doing? Just wanted to start a thread so everyone can comment on there skin...
My skin is not too bad but its still really sensitive, it reacts to everything
sleepyhead.gif
so all I use onit is sunscreen, mild facial soap and a eye gel.

My skin has always been super oily but luckly it's been better since I moved to the USA, for obvious reasons LOL (I lived in Rio de Janeiro all of my life, moved to US 1 year ago). Here my skin is still oily in the T-zone, but it has been A LOTTTTT better since I started using mineral make up, and even better now that I am using DDF Daily Matte and an oil-control cleanser (at the moment I am using the Biore one). Frequency of breakouts also decreased a lot since I started using mineral MU. But once in a while I still get these annoying pimples, either on my forehead, cheeks or chin, that feel like they are growing inward and I am never able to pop them without opening up a crater on my face.
frown.gif
And if I dont pop them they just stay there forever. But oh well, it had been A LOT better now!!!

great thread!

my skin is SO sunburned right now, i can't even sit still...

that's all i can think about right now!

my skin has been really cranky with eczema flare-ups. It's always red and itchy and bumpy...kinda annoying...but im being patient and putting on eucerin cream,using pine tar soap, and trying to not be stressed. Also drinking lots of water.

I have been stressed out like no other and so I am attributing that to my horrible breakouts. I have never broken out so bad around my chin like this before. I have started using some Mary Kay skincare stuff and that has helped it calm down some but there is some stuff in my life thats been happening. It keeps me kind of stressed out and that's basically why it keeps flaring up

ugh, I had three cystic pimples pup up RIGHT next to each other, right on the border!!! as soon as one was healing the other one came up right next to it.
pedro.gif

now they are all pretty much healed but of course left a red mark and in one place I can even still feel a not so small bump under my skin

I am tempted to put 30%Glycolic Acid on that area like twice a day LOL j/k

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 My skin has been pretty good lately. Over the last few months, I have simplified my skin care routine. I find with my sensitive skin, less is more. Plus, not so expensive!
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I found what works for me!

I find that too
smile.gif
x

doing good, less acne (well i didnt have much to start with) dryness and oilyness (tzone) under control =]

Back