I LOVE Greek food!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We went shopping for the day in Dallas and stumbled across the Stratos when Chris took a wrong turn. I'm so glad he did! I've always wanted to try Greek food and Howard Stern raves about the Stratos as being his favorite place to eat when in Dallas so we decided to check it out. The food was amazing! I have never mmmmm'd and moaned so much through a meal. I had a Mediterranean salad which I can honestly say was THE best salad i've ever eaten! It was served with this awesome pita like bread. For my meal I had Chicken Souvlaki and that was also verry delicious and served with more of that yummy bread. For dessert we split a fried cheesecake. I normally eat small portions and always have leftovers to bring home but this was sooo good that I totally stuffed myself! We will definitely be visiting there each time we are in Dallas from now on. They even have a belly dance instruction and show. We didn't stay for it which i'm kinda disappointed. We were tired, had a few other stops, and had planned on coming home that night. But next time we go up, we're gonna plan on staying the night so we can stay for that and hit some of the clubs that are up the road.

Anyways, just thought i'd share. I know there's quite a few members from Dallas and the surrounding area so if anyone ever wants to hook up at the Stratos, let me know and i'm there! I'm salivating just thinking about that food!

Sounds like you had fun
biggrin.gif

Sounds yummy!

There is a greek restaurant that I go to that has the best mediterrenean salad. I get it almost every time I go there.

yay! glad you liked it!

my favorite greek food are gyros. oh, my god. i try it almost everywhere i go, but no one's beats queens gyros! that's where the true greek food is
wink.gif

Lisa, this place sounds great!! Especially the Belly Dancing part...LOL.

Y'know Belly Dancing is one of the best calorie-burning dancing you can do..it tones your muscles big time....

I love good Greek Food..hmmm, next time I'm in Dallas!

I too love greek food, when I was living in canada we used to go to a Mr Greek restaurant almost every week and I'm prety sure I have tried all their dishes, soooooooo gooooooooooooood, and yeah the salads are great mmmmmmmmmmm

Oh you're making me miss our favorite restaurant! Where we've moved there is no Greek restaurant within a 2 hour drive. Ohhhh, what I would give for some good hummus.

We used to go to a place called Zeus' that was absolutely wonderful. They had belly dancers every friday and saturday night too. We went there a few times when my daughter was just a couple of months old and she would just stare so intently at the dancers coming around the tables with all of their jingly jewelry and noisemakers. My husband found it hilarious. I told him it was no wonder she stares, those dancers are like giant baby rattles with huge boobs, she thinks she's in baby heaven! LOL

It was a family owned restaurant and one weekend they had their 13 year old neice in there practicing dancing with her mom and aunts. She was just the most adorable thing EVER! She was a fabulous dancer!

HQ

wow, u girls are makeing me want to try that salad now ... i've never had a salad that i moaned over yet .. still looking. I don't think i've ever had greek food either, this town is too small

Oh yea, you must find a place to try it! It's so good.

To be honest with you, the first time I ever had Greek food, I wasn't too sure about it. It is very unique in flavor and some things have a very strong taste. I liked it, but wasn't sure it was something I'd eat frequently. Then about a week later I found myself having serious cravings for it and it pretty much became a monthly dining ritual for us after that LOL

LoL , yes i know i must try it! i love food!! and i'm always wanting to try something different ,, can't believe i haven't had greek, if Lisa didn't bring it up , i would have never realized i've never had it b4

i love greek food too! but mind you the only one i ever had was from mr. greek. but still! it gives me an idea!

Originally Posted by charish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'v always wanted to try greek food
I love the flavors of Greek food.  It's simple food.  Lemon chicken and with Greek roasted potatoes is absolutely delicious!

Back