-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Primer for Oily Skin?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   4getmeNot

4getmeNot

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
Reviews

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

i've never used a foundation primer on a regular basis, but i'm curious is there one specifically for oily skin? i'm concerned that a primer will break me out and make me greasy! i sampled smashbox and it is nice, but i couldn't really tell much since i only used it once.
beauty is pain.

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:03 AM

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer... I haven't tried it, but I have combo skin, and the regular one worked wonders... You could also maybe try Bare Escentuals Skin Rev-er Upper... It's a primer/moisturizer in one... I used it a few times, and it was awesome! Knocks the oil right out! Not much help, but I hope someone else can offer a good recommendation!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   Leza1121

Leza1121

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:38 AM

Hi, I wasn't crazy about the anti-shine by smashbox. I also use mattifiers by Sephora and The Body Shop. Dermalogica's Barrier Repair also works well as a mattifier.
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Leza1121
Hi, I wasn't crazy about the anti-shine by smashbox. I also use mattifiers by Sephora and The Body Shop. Dermalogica's Barrier Repair also works well as a mattifier.
Leza, where do you get The Body Shop mattifier? I tried looking on their site, and didn't see it... Someone else had mentioned it before... Is it a DCed item, or no? Just curious!

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   Leza1121

Leza1121

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aquilah
Leza, where do you get The Body Shop mattifier? I tried looking on their site, and didn't see it... Someone else had mentioned it before... Is it a DCed item, or no? Just curious!
Hi Aquilah, I remember trying to locate this item on their website before. couldn't find it, but my friend found it in their makeup section in their store.
You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:57 AM

Okay, thanks! Maybe the next time I'm at Crossgates I'll stop in there just to see if they have it. I appreciate it!

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   Glamour Girl

Glamour Girl

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 24-April 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

I have oily skin, and the Smashbox Photo Finish works really well for me. The also have it with SPF now.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
"Eleanor Roosevelt"

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   MermaidWitch

MermaidWitch

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 09-July 06
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

use milk of magnesium ...its a laxative you can buy at the dollar tree! lol! but it works wonders!

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

Shu uemura UV underbase SPF17 is really good for oily skin. It also tightens pores and none pore clogging. Perfect for summer months!

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   PinkRibbons

PinkRibbons

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Joined 20-April 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

I personally like Benefits Dr. Feelgood as a primer. It seems pretty mattifying for oily skin!
Ashley ElizabethIl mondo gira con me questa notte.

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   kaeisme

kaeisme

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

I haven't used the oil free Laura Mercier..but if it's anything like the regular..it's great..I love it...
Kae
1/2 Native American / light skin/ green eyes/ black hair/dry sensitive skin
Made With Intent

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   ShelbyLynn

ShelbyLynn

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

Personally for me Monistat Chafing Gel does well with my oily/combo skin and my makeup stays on for 12+ hours or until I decided to take it off.
September 10th 2008 @ 11:07 pm Claire was born!

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   Nolee

Nolee

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined 02-August 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

hi i have a normaloily skin myself, and i use a serum from Chanel called Originel Eclat, im not really sure if u can call it a primer, but it does the trick for me!.. and i don't even have to moisturize beforeafter it so... HTH
"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them" Jane Austen

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   SewAmazing

SewAmazing

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by MermaidWitch
use milk of magnesium ...its a laxative you can buy at the dollar tree! lol! but it works wonders!
I was backstage at a fashion show and I couldn't believe how well this worked!! I had to see it for myself or I would have never believed it! ALL the models were putting it on their faces and waiting for it to dry, so the make-up artists could start on their mu applications. I don't know where people come up with these ideas, but I was there and it sure did work. That make-up lasted through both shows, with a little powder thrown on in between on top of the MOM. And yes, it is at the dollar store!!
OuterWear Designer. Eyeshadow challenged... Totally obsessed with diet iced tea...

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   sexisteph

sexisteph

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 25-March 10
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

I just noticed this is a super old post! But figured I'd throw my two cents in

I've tried the Smashbox Primer and it was awful on my oily skin. So was any form of Bare Minerals!! It got all cakey, faded fast & made my skin itch – even when I used their primer underneath. But about 6 months ago I discovered a powder primer for oily skin called Mattify! Loose Powder. It’s amazing!! I never thought I’d find a primer that didn’t make my face feel all sticky and greasy. This one is a light weight powder that soaks up oil and keeps makeup on for hours. The cool part is, it can be used under your makeup and over as well. So it’s like a two in one product – primer and setting powder. I got it at Mattify! Cosmetics online and it cost I think 8 bucks. You’ve gotta try this powder if you have oily skin!!