Best Foundation for African American Gals with Oily Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I was wondering if you could help me out. I am a light-skinned African American with oily skin looking for a good foundation for my upcoming wedding...any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hello and Congrats on you upcomming Wedding!

I have oily skin and use Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation. It absorbs oil and goes on very smooth. It also has an SPF of 15. Precriptives foundations match your undertone that way you get that flawless skin look that matches your skin.

Hope this info helps.

If you have any question feel free to PM me.

Be Blessed!

Sunshine
smile.gif

*jumping up and down*

Everyday Minerals! Everyday Minerals! E-V-E...you get the point.

I have skin this time of year and I am singing the praises of EDM. I never liked to wear foundation because I felt it looked so unnatural and masklike. Not EDM! I was at dinner with my fiancé the other night and he commented on my lack of makeup and how great my skin was looking. I kissed him! Get their sample kit to find your skin color match and don't be afraid to blend 2 together.

Also, you may want to reconsider your face moisturizer. For example, I used to use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, but found that it make my oily skin even oilier. I switched to the Moisturizing Gel and it works much better. When I'm being cost conscious I use Neutrogena's Visibly Even moisturizer and I don't get oily all day.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm sure you'll make a gorgeous bride! A few of our DDD and MMM (GGG too) use MAC foundations, and some use Prescriptives. I'd check into those, as well as Everyday Minerals since that seems to be a great product based on a lot of reviews here on the forum! Sorry if I'm not much help! Good luck, and congrats again!

Thanks so much, you guys! I am currently trying to get my skincare regimen together, but that is a whole other story. I will look into your suggestions. I am currently using Oil of Olay as a moisturizer. Micki can you suggest some better moisturizers for me?

Aquilah -

Thanks for your help and the well wishes.

my skin type is oily/acne prone and i'm a prescriptives custom blend foundation customer. custom blend is a little pricey, but it matches my skintone exactly and they put an oil control lotion right in the foundation! for me it's worth the cost. i use sundari neem and avocado moisturizer and it works well to keep me moisturized without being too oily and i use it sparingly (alittle goes a long way). hope this helps! congrats and good luck!

Originally Posted by Sagittarius1978 Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I was wondering if you could help me out. I am a light-skinned African American with oily skin looking for a good foundation for my upcoming wedding...any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I use the Astarte Liquid Foundation in Vespera 3 and Powder in Vespera. This line is geared toward women of color. www.astartecosmetics.com

laughing.gif

MAC or Prescriptives should have something for you! Congratulations on the your upcoming nuptials!!!

Hi,

Use a water-based foundation. Iman makes either an oil control or oil-free foundation. Also check out Black Opal. Make sure that your moisturizer, primer and powder are also are formulated for oily skin types.

i use black radiance mattifying foundation...i also like BE mineral foundation,its luminous w/o the oil
smile.gif

i use an oil free moisturizer and powder foundation from mac. Prescriptives is nice. i also love Make Up Forever matte plus.

I am so lovin this thread. I am African American with super oily, acne prone skin skin. I was using MAC foundation for 2 years and it continually broke me out. Just yesterday I bought some foundation from Prescriptives in Fresh Cocoa in Virtual Matte for $32 and I am in love with the feel of the makeup and the non-shinyness. Congrats on your wedding.

Latest posts

Back