Using plain sugar to exfoliate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is using just plain sugar to exfoliate bad for your skin? ive tried it, and my skin feels so smooth. but i was wondering if it is too harsh and course for skin.

I use it mixed with olive oil all the time. Its my favorite home recipe. I cant tell you if its tooharsh or not...but I know it works!

i heard its like the same thing as those you buy at the store...and if it is too harsh, use it lesss frequently..

xoxo

I use baby oil and sugar all the time on my arms and legs. I slather up with the oil then sprinkle sugar and scrub. You can kind of control how "scrubby" you get by how much sugar you sprinkle on. It makes my skin silky smooth.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Lisr I use baby oil and sugar all the time on my arms and legs. I slather up with the oil then sprinkle sugar and scrub. You can kind of control how "scrubby" you get by how much sugar you sprinkle on. It makes my skin silky smooth.
laughing.gif
ditto, i do this too.

I don't know about alone, but I know it can be mixed w/ olive oil as a scrub/exfoliant.

Ooh, once I run out of my store-bought scrub, I'm so trying sugar with babyoil! I hate babyoil as a moisturizer, because it never soaks into my skin, just sits there and wipes off on my clothes. Now I'll have a use for it!

Back