Lipstick on fair skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me find a lipstick that would fit me well. I have a light skin tone (revlon colordtay in medium beige)

and I saw chanel crinoline in a magasine and the model also had pale skin so im wondering if it would suit me well? I have a few pics in FOTD. so please, i really need your help in finding a shade that would look nice on me.

I'm kinda tired of always wearing glosses and i like something matte if possible

I think a peach colored lipstick or a sheer pink one would look good with your skin tone - there are so many popular brands out there right now though that I am not sure of a specific one to reccomend at this time. Best of luck!!

thanks
smile.gif

any suggestion for a peach/neutral lipstick? I do not like it toooo orange..

Originally Posted by jessiee any suggestion for a peach/neutral lipstick? I do not like it toooo orange.. mac's freckletone!

I like neutral tones myself. Here are a few of my favorite lipsticks:

Smashbox lipstick: A-List (a creamy brown mauve) you can find this on their website.

I am not sure if these are even still available.

Trish McEvoy lip color 73 (brownish color)

Trish McEvoy Sheers 3 (redish brown)

Ultima II lipstick Not Too Naked (basic brown, but not heavy).

I have about 5 Smashbox lipsticks. They have several colors that go well with my fair skin. Hope this helps somewhat! :)

Good luck with your search! :)

ahhh! thanks for all those suggestions. I'm definately going to take a look at them. thankies girls! i live ya all
11.gif
hugss.gif

I have some suggestions for peaches-to-neutrals: MAC Dubonet, Delish, Sandy B., Frou, & Fresco

Clinique: Clinique Clor Surge Butter Shine Lipstick--Poppy Love, Clinique Color Surge Lipstick(Matte)Peach Pop& Pure Posh

Bobbi Brown also makes lovely beiges/neutrals.

I am very pale too. It is hard to find good colors but here are some of my favorites:

Clinique's Sweet Honey

Origins Nearly Naked

MAC's Hug Me

I next want to try some Bobbi Brown. I've heard good things about her lipstick as well.

lol thank you! now i have so many choices ill wanna buy them all
smile.gif
lol

*I wish*

thanks again for all your help

Laura Mercier has some that I like Tea Rose and Pink Champagne are good for fair skin. My dog ate my Pink Champage
frown.gif
. I also agree with Viva Glam V, I wear it all the time

Thanks for this thread guys! Even though I love glosses, I still like to wear a lipstick sometimes. These suggestions are great since I too have pale pale skin. I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

Originally Posted by jessiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me find a lipstick that would fit me well. I have a light skin tone (revlon colordtay in medium beige)and I saw chanel crinoline in a magasine and the model also had pale skin so im wondering if it would suit me well? I have a few pics in FOTD. so please, i really need your help in finding a shade that would look nice on me.

I'm kinda tired of always wearing glosses and i like something matte if possible

For matte lip color, try using a lip ink. It stays on much longer and avoids getting on your revealed bones(teeth). If this does not work for you, as I'm not sure if you want it to be such a pop.. try smudging the lip stain on your lips to almost give a look of being bitten. It works marvelously. I know avon carries a nice selection of lip ink, especially if you're looking for a red that doesn't appear pinkish when applied. Recently I bought a Berry/plum color by Revlon(color that stays line or whatever it is called) I like it very much. It's easy to get a hold of, and almost appears as though its lip ink with more moisture. As far as a lip color for you.. I would just play with the colors. I wouldn't do any type of brown/bronze/bright orange. Try out some pinks and reds, you can never fail with those. Oh and one more thing.. if you're looking for an even more natural look, buy some cherry chapstick brand lip balm and apply liberally. It adds a very subtle pink tint that makes the lips appear larger, in my persceptive that is. I do hope this helps, and have a good journey through lipstick land.

Peace, love, and philosophy.

Originally Posted by jessiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me find a lipstick that would fit me well. I have a light skin tone (revlon colordtay in medium beige)and I saw chanel crinoline in a magasine and the model also had pale skin so im wondering if it would suit me well? I have a few pics in FOTD. so please, i really need your help in finding a shade that would look nice on me.

I have really pale skin, as well, and I LOVE the way Crinoline looks on me. It's one of my favorite nude lip colors. If you can't find that one (I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued even though some people still have it in stock) try CHANEL's Naive...it's a very similiar color.

Latest posts

Back