-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

137 replies to this topic

#Post 41 of 138 OFFLINE   i_love_no

i_love_no

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

If you are mom with kids I guess you don't have a lot of time...The girls here already mentioned alots of good things: you have to start with keeping some simple life rules:eat right, water, gym, health, sleep etc. I guess you are already doing so.

About the treatments:

1. Start using sunscreen - be carefully to choose one that is stable. I see you are from us and when it comes to sunscreen you are a step behind EuropePosted Image sorry. I have no idea what is in us, but try to stick with paula begons says (although be careful that the last years her sunscreen was not stable although she was says so). I suggest the dermatological brands: avene, la roche possay, bioderma. good quality no fuss!

2. Hydration/ Nutrition - try the jojoba oil or the Shea butter as a night treatment!- this will delete some lines too (the dehydration ones)

3. To repair the sun damage / to reduce wrinkles- tretinoin (renova in us, airol, smooderm or retin a in europe). I know is Us is expensive. I usually buy it from countries like Greece or Eastern Europeans countries where you don't need a prescription and it cost around 3 dollars. You know the story about this: be gentle with your skin, start gradually- every 3rd night, moisturise after a 1 h etc...

4. AHA(NEOSTRATA is very good) / apple cider veniger - I am glad I found it. This works great!

5. BHA - you need it for your black heads. In fact i noticed that ACV kills all of themPosted Image)). You can try a salicylic acid mask or the paula bha lotion (very good)!

I think this are in short the products that changed my skin!

#Post 42 of 138 OFFLINE   littletingoddes

littletingoddes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined 01-May 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

Proactiv. I'd tried many, many other things... and since starting Proactiv it's looking the best it has in years.
"World ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back" Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

#Post 43 of 138 OFFLINE   rdenee

rdenee

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 07-May 06
Reviews

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:29 PM

I have tried so many products and nothing really worked for me until I got hooked on Serious Skin Care line from HSN (you can also find it at Ulta). I have been using it now for about 4 years. I use the Glucosamine line for sensitive skin. I use a cleanser and moisturizer twice a day. My skin has never looked better.
Rhea
"It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

#Post 44 of 138 OFFLINE   teb

teb

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

Leony tell me more about the collagen drink? WHat has helped my skin is taking MSM, EVOO face washing and takin trace minerals.
"You were born a street rat, you will die a street rat. And only your fleas will mourn you"
Quote from Alladin

#Post 45 of 138 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by teb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leony tell me more about the collagen drink?

WHat has helped my skin is taking MSM, EVOO face washing and takin trace minerals.
I replied your PM teb.
I am not sure if you can find the collagen drink I mentioned on my PM but maybe you find other collagen drink supplement in your country or you can just consume a lot of food that can stimulates the collagen production such as Vit C, Amino Acid, Soybeans, Fish etc.

#Post 46 of 138 OFFLINE   firesign

firesign

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 29-July 06
Reviews

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

Aveeno skin brightening wash and Witch Hazel has a toner and finishing with Loreal moisturizer (and everyone thinks I'm about 12 yrs younger than I am!! LOL
Sunshine

#Post 47 of 138 OFFLINE   aimyz

aimyz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 28-December 05
Reviews

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

i have Very oily skin, but wat has really helped me combat the acne was REtin A gel...works miracles...I also wear sunscreeen everyday & wash off my makeup everynite..works miracles

#Post 48 of 138 OFFLINE   stormy

stormy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06
Reviews

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Never go to bed with makeup on. MK eye makeup remover and makeup remover is so gentle and never adds any redness or irritation. Another nice gentle product to try is PONDS cleansing cloths at night.

#Post 49 of 138 OFFLINE   libbycopeland

libbycopeland

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
Reviews

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerinthewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clear Skin Regimen, www.acne.org
Same here, nothing has ever made such a positive difference as this. --- try this if you have acne concerns. It's clearing my skin (right now, TOTALLY clear.

Second, using Everyday Minerals makeup and dropping all non mineral foundations and blushes. Now I don't worry about cosmetics causing breakouts. I started that after starting the CLear Skin Regimen.

#Post 50 of 138 OFFLINE   Min

Min

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
Reviews

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

For me the biggest difference came when I went the natural route. I started wearing mineral makeup & I make my own cleanser & when I dont make my own moisturizer & treatments I use the Burts Bees moisturizers & treatments. I noticed steadily my skin getting clearer less red & my pores & lines less noticable/more refined. I also dont break out anymore woohoo.

#Post 51 of 138 OFFLINE   mthatxinh

mthatxinh

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06
Reviews

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:37 AM

Have everyday skincare routine, (clean, toner, serum, moisturizer, sunblock) and exfoliate weekly will make your skin glow.

#Post 52 of 138 OFFLINE   amandabella

amandabella

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06
Reviews

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:00 AM

Accutane!

#Post 53 of 138 OFFLINE   Summer

Summer

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Joined 30-April 05
Reviews

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

For me, it was supplements. omega 3 and biotin made a major difference in my skin. It's not an over night process. It took about 2 months to notice a major, major difference. I also take a high potency multi-vitamin, but that didn't cause the difference in my skin.

#Post 54 of 138 OFFLINE   bluebird26

bluebird26

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts
  • Joined 27-August 05
Reviews

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

makeup Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#Post 55 of 138 OFFLINE   empericalbeauty

empericalbeauty

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • Joined 01-June 05
Reviews

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

Well Since my skin is looking 20x better than ever, I will just post what I used. I used the African black soap, skin success fade cream for oily skin and 15 drops of Texas cedar wood diluted in Jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. I just pat the oils on my skin and it drys up my acne. Posted Image!

#Post 56 of 138 OFFLINE   Brownshugaz

Brownshugaz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
Reviews

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

The single thing that has turned my skin around has bene using diluted ACV as a toner after I wash my face with Cetaphil both morning and night

#Post 57 of 138 OFFLINE   SewAmazing

SewAmazing

Enthusiast

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
Reviews

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

I exfoliate with baking soda and wash with Noxema after.. I also use a skin tone cream in the winter that fades dark spots and undereye circles. My skin is 360 degrees better than before I started doing this. I stay away from a whole lot of bottles and skin care systems. I think the beauty industry makes women think we need a lot of stuff to look good. Their packaging is most times more expensive than their product. They are laughing at us all the way to the bank. Simple is best.
OuterWear Designer. Eyeshadow challenged... Totally obsessed with diet iced tea...

#Post 58 of 138 OFFLINE   sirius

sirius

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 25-June 06
Reviews

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:04 AM

I would have to say Cetaphil Facial Cleanser. Cheap and gentle. Save me from dehydrated skin.

#Post 59 of 138 OFFLINE   ArbonQueen

ArbonQueen

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 09-March 06
Reviews

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

Drinking water.
Stopped all caffeine.
Ate more fruits in my diet.
I use a very mild daily spf in my moisturizer.
I use RE9 Anti-aging & Recovery Skin Care System (Found on my website below, as well as the next item.)
I use Thermal Fusion Maque that firms, clarifies and clears the appearance of my pores.

Ann Phelps Posted Image

#Post 60 of 138 OFFLINE   pinkstiletto

pinkstiletto

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06
Reviews

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

cleansing, toning, srubbing and moisturizing.

• 2,323,316 Posts
  • 109,584 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums