What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the boards. I love this place! I've been mostly a lurker til now, but there are so many questions I have....

I'm a 39 year old mom of 2 and my skin is fairly healthy, but starting to show some aging signs. I'm interested in what others have done in their skin care regimen that seems to have made the biggest difference in their skin's health and appearance. In particular, I'm dealing with fair complexion, somewhat sensitive, combo skin, not acne prone, but blackheads are an issue. Some lines are appearing, and I do have redness that I'd like to get rid of too. I'm an NW 20 with freckles and reddish brown hair.

Thanks in advance!

i got a steady skin care system. i use the clinique 3 step system and other brands...

i had really bad bad bad skin before (as in i had sheets of skin that would peel off my forehead). but now its all better!

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask; tightens pores, dries up spots/blackheads and your skin looks noticeably smoother, also exfoliating (Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub).

my combo of aveeno clear complexion cleanser and stridex pads. they do a great job of keeping my acne under control. before i started using these two together i would wake up to a new breakout what seemed like everyday.

I was blessed with great skin, aside from the occasional "monthly" breakouts. However, using a microdermabrasion has helped my skin even more so, and it's actually helped curb the monthly breakouts to only one or two zits instead of a nice cluster on my forehead.

My skin is dramatically better - much better and even tone, lesser fine lines, smaller pores, blackheads almost non-existent, and acne scars diminishing, since using a combo of glycolic acid peels, Epidermx microderm, Silkia camellia oil and Green Cream.

for me it was seeing a dermatologist to get my acne (and blackheads) under control.

that, i feel made a big, big difference in the appearance of my skin.

also, of course, washing my face twice a day(morning,night), and applying a sunscreen

w/ spf 15 daily.

taking it easy on my skin has helped the most. i use aveeno's creamy baby wash as a face wash AM and PM. i only exfoliate (with st. ives medicated scrub) once per week. i used to have these weird and intricate face washing rituals and i'd go on vacation and only feel like taking one bottle of face wash (the aveeno stuff) and my face would clear up while i was away. i finally took the hint!

i switched to using the oil cleansing method. it has made a huge difference in my skin and made me realize that less is more, at least for me.

also, i switched to using mineral makeup. those two things have made such a world of difference to me, it's hard to believe it's my skin.

One thing that has helped me is making sure that I take off my make up every night. At times, I used to go to bed and not wash my face very well. Call it lazyness. Now, I use an eye make up remover, cleansing oil and moisturize at night.

Drinking a lot of water helps ALOT for me. Also, I use an organic tea tree oil cleanser. And that's it.

Using Benzoyl Peroxide on my acne, and it actually makes it go away within 2-3 days. Washing my face with non-drying cleansers also made me face have a better+smoother complexion.

Originally Posted by gravitywings Using Benzoyl Peroxide on my acne, and it actually makes it go away within 2-3 days. Washing my face with non-drying cleansers also made me face have a better+smoother complexion. Agreed. I use Dans Clear Skin Regimen over at acne.org. It has kept my acne under control for the most part.. except monthy zits.

i've been pretty lucky, like Aquilah the occasional breakout during my period. My problem is combo skin. So I've tried for ROC the new combo cleanser and so far so good. I also make sure to wash my face before going to bed, and applying a moisturizer at night and an eye cream. Oh and drinking lots of water.

Getting facials has made the most differenec. Its helped me to find out what i needed to be doing for my face.

I really like Clinique skin care products i have been using them for 2/3 weeks now. I am loving my new found skin
smile.gif

My skin tends to be dry, and since I am fair, the dryness is noticeable. What finally helped is drinking a ton of water consistently ever single day, exercising, taking my vitamins, and eating a ton of fruits, veggies, and fish. I have always taken good care of my skin and had a great skin care routine, but there is definite truth, I believe, to the saying that your skin is a reflection of what is going on inside...and so I think the best skin care works from the inside....out!

Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids Hi,I'm fairly new to the boards. I love this place! I've been mostly a lurker til now, but there are so many questions I have....

I'm a 39 year old mom of 2 and my skin is fairly healthy, but starting to show some aging signs. I'm interested in what others have done in their skin care regimen that seems to have made the biggest difference in their skin's health and appearance. In particular, I'm dealing with fair complexion, somewhat sensitive, combo skin, not acne prone, but blackheads are an issue. Some lines are appearing, and I do have redness that I'd like to get rid of too. I'm an NW 20 with freckles and reddish brown hair.

Thanks in advance!

since your skin is healthy exfoiliate and moisturize to much might not be good less is more

Latest posts

Back