Dermatologist recommended products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those who have seen a dermatologist before, what are the skin products he/she has recommended for you?

Cleanser ?

Moisturizer ?

Topical treatment ?

Anything else ?

My sister went to a dermatologist and she recommended that she use Proactiv and Bare Minerals. Her skin is soo much better now.It worked for her.

I haven't been to a dermatologist yet, but I really want to go and see what they would recommend for me.

Dove Beauty Bar is also quite frequently recommended. The sensitive version is good for drier skins - I have combination skin that isn't sensitive and I use the original bar.

Originally Posted by Nessicle Dove Beauty Bar is also quite frequently recommended. The sensitive version is good for drier skins - I have combination skin that isn't sensitive and I use the original bar. Where do you purchase this from? I couldnt find anything on the Dove website that is actually called Beauty Bar. I really want to try it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer cetaphil's always recommended! Agreeing with Jennifer. One derma. I saw recommended Cetaphil as a cleanser also.
CarolAZ

Originally Posted by Hinna Where do you purchase this from? I couldnt find anything on the Dove website that is actually called Beauty Bar. I really want to try it. It's just a regular dove bar - many call it soap but it's not, it's really gentle and won't dry out your skin here's the link (just click on Cleansing products and you'll see a link for the bars):
http://www.dove.co.uk/uk_en/

You can buy them at Boots, Superdrug, Bodycares, any Supermarket, any pharmacist that may be local.

hope that helps!

I've never been to a dermatologist, so I can't answer that. My sister went to one, and she was given a topical cream for on the spot treatments. She then switched to ProActiv before she realized her skin problems were all stress related!

Cetaphil,Renova, Kinerase, and Prevage. I only use the first 3. Renova is a line-diminishing form of Retinol, which can be drying, so I use/alternate the moisturizer Kinerase with it

my derm recomended the following:

neutragena face wash, cleocin t lotion, erythromin 2% swabs, oral antibiotic for acne,

cllindimycin swabs, benzoyl peroxide 10%, and triamcinolone acetonide ointment 0.1%

I have never been one but my cousin is a dermatologist and she recommends to her patients Cetaphil.

My dermatologist recommended CereVe. It's a lot like cetaphil but since I'm not a fan of that I didn't like CereVe.

Originally Posted by Nessicle It's just a regular dove bar - many call it soap but it's not, it's really gentle and won't dry out your skin here's the link (just click on Cleansing products and you'll see a link for the bars):
http://www.dove.co.uk/uk_en/

You can buy them at Boots, Superdrug, Bodycares, any Supermarket, any pharmacist that may be local.

hope that helps!

Ooh, thankyou! I'll be picking that up tomorrow. Hope I love it as much as you do :)

Originally Posted by Hinna Ooh, thankyou! I'll be picking that up tomorrow. Hope I love it as much as you do :) You're welcome Hinna! Its one of those products that either works for you or doesnt, if it does you'll love it!
I will warn you that at first i got a few pimples round my chin for the first week or so but I have really smooth soft skin now, I'd say to try for a month to see whether it's worked for you or not.

Also use a moisturiser that you love too and you're away! Good luck and let me know how you get on!

GREAT thread Lavender!!!! I am really interested in everyone's responses

Back