Rachel McAdams The Notebook Make-up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rachel McAdams...
celebbeauty_rachel.jpg

The Notebook Make-up by Linda Grimes

Skincare –Rachel’s skin was prepped with Dr. Hauschka Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive Ampules, La Mer Eye Balm and La Mer Face Cream.

Foundation –Linda started by priming Rachel’s skin with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. For Rachel’s creamy complexion, Linda mixed Gerda Spillmann Biofond Foundation in Weekend and Apres Chic.

Concealer – Linda mixed Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Light with Golden Light and used a brush to apply it to Rachel’s under eye area. Once applied, she blended the concealer into Rachel’s skin with her finger.

Powder – To set foundation, Linda used Paula Dorf Vanilla Pressed Powder and Amazing Cosmetics Powder Set.

Cheeks – Rachel usually wore a combination of Stila Rose and Petunia blended onto cheeks. Sometimes Gerda Spillmann Crimson was used alone or mixed with Stila Petunia.

Eyes – For the most part, her eyes were kept very nude. Linda used MAC cream-colored shades like Brule or Mylar from lid to brow. For some scenes she would punch up the eye color with Paula Dorf Eye Color in Safari.

Eye liner - A thick black line was created using MAC Crème liner in Black with Paula Dorf Transformer. Linda applied liner along lash line on upper lid. She didn’t really use any liner on bottom.

Brows – For the character’s younger years, her brows were bleached. In her later years, Linda penciled in brows with Maybelline Expert Eyes in Blonde and Dark Brown pencils.

Mascara – Lashes were always curled. Maybelline Waterproof Great Lash mascara in Black coasted top lashes only. For later years, individual lashes were applied to the top outer corners of lash line.

Lips – Lips were filled in with MAC Rosewood lip pencil and topped off with Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm. For different scenes and to give the lip color different intensities, Linda added Paula Dorf lip pencil in Carousel and Paula Dorf lipstick in Gorgeous into the already filled in Rosewood lip. For a redder mouth, Linda filled lip in with a mix of MAC Rosewood and Paula Dorf Carousel

I still haven't seen this movie! I hear it's good though... Anywho! Thanks Michal!

Thanks, Michal! I love The Notebook!

Originally Posted by Aquilah I still haven't seen this movie! I hear it's good though... Anywho! Thanks Michal! What? Rent it! Watch it with John!

Back