My Pimples Are Just Getting Worse!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Atm As were talkin i have alot of pimples next to my chin and cheeks and my face is so dryy and flaky and itchy cant wait to see my dr its 3 weeks from now buttt i dont no why this is happening to me ive tryed glycolic ive tryed facials microdermbarsion and my wedding is next yr what do i doooo if it doesnt clear up till den
frown.gif

Whatever you do, do not add stress on top of it. It always makes things worse. I couldn't imagine something taking until next year to clear. Go to a good dermatologist (not a family physician, they are too proud somtimes to admit that they have no expertise in the area they are being asked about.)

Perhaps he/she could give you something anti-imflammatory or a steroid or something. Good luck with that.

ill try not to stress and yeah my appoinment with da skin speacilst in 3 weeks i hope i can handel it thanks for ur support anyway
smile.gif

anyone else?

i would look into the Clear Skin Regimine found at www.acne.org

i know that tons of people have found amazing results using that program

let us know how things progress for you!

Be careful with the peels and microdermabrasion. Maybe lay off, if your skin is acting so sensitive right now and dry and flaky. YOu need a good GENTLE moisturizer. Or a good GENTLE moisturizing masque. Try one by Azulene it's a cucumber sorbet masgue....so soothing and refreshing and GENTLE...and tons of aloe in it too.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to stress about your acne. It will only make the problem worse.

I would try to keep your skincare regime simple for the time being until you see your Doctor/Dermatologist and ask them what products they think are suitable for your skin type.

Good luck
smile.gif
smile.gif

get pond's dry skin cream, spread it on your face and use a scalding hot rag and steam your face with it [while the pond's cream is still on your face]. This will soften your face and make it less dry. use neutrogena acne face wash [one suitable for your skin type or skin condition which like you said is acne prone]. then afterwards, tone with apple cider vinegar [this will dry up the acne and also possibly dry you out]. Lastly, use a moisturizer that is either a) designed for sensitive skin with Salicylic acid or B) designed for dry skin with Salicylic acid or c) use the pond's dry skin cream [a little amount] and then use a spot treatment like persagel5 by clean & clear.

This information is something i have collected based on reading what has worked for everyone and piecing it together. I just listed products that worked for people and how they used it and How i felt it should be used. However, I intesinvely researched on these products and they all have a positive feedback so I think you should try it especially the apple cider vinegar. I use this and it is very good.

Goodluck, and congrats on your wedding.

Im in the same boat. My face is clear one day and Shit the next day.... What have you tried for products in the past??? Lately i hve been spot treating with T.T.O and it is working absolute wonders...

BTW you are very very pretty
smile.gif

thanks girls so much for ur help and thank coverfx and atm im using glycolic cleanser micro every week retin a every night well exept monday and friday i dont use it anddd when it comes to my pores they r very clean no more clogged and yeh buttt the surface is just packed with little red with white dot on them pimples (Sorry if i disgusted yous)

I am sorry to hear that, and just don't stress your gorgeous! My face has really broken out in these last three months. I was clear for a while, and then I used Bare minerals and my pores got clogged tremendously. It's so hard trying to clear my face now, but I am VERY slooooooooooooooowly. It just sucks because my skin isn't that dark, and I am scarring bad.

Originally Posted by dinokiss21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sorry to hear that, and just don't stress your gorgeous! My face has really broken out in these last three months. I was clear for a while, and then I used Bare minerals and my pores got clogged tremendously. It's so hard trying to clear my face now, but I am VERY slooooooooooooooowly. It just sucks because my skin isn't that dark, and I am scarring bad. Thanks hunn and omg maybe thats whats breaking me out im using bare minerals mineral viel andd sameee dont worry im light not dark and i scar very easily any little thing shows

I think maybe your face has had too much going on. Maybe try some more natural products. I started using Burts Bee's Garden Carrot soap and day creme and it has helped ALOT. ( i used the garden tomato and it screwed up my face pretty well, i think it may have been to acidic). Good Luck

I had this problem ever since I used Shu Uemura cleansing oil. I stopped using it 4 days ago and acne on my face heal automatically and no more breakouts now. So, you may be using the wrong skin care product. Try to figure out what new product you have tried lately.

I'm presently using Carley's Clear and Smooth Treatment and their entire skin care line can be purcahsed from Ebay. The Scrub is great for acne in helping to control it. I still do get breakouts on and off but it's better than before. Also their soap feels good on the skin. Check out taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules to control acne in the inside. I'm also take Greens+ Omega Glow capsules which are rich in fish oil and high in omega's great for skin complexion.

Have you ever been on birth control pills? I went on them as a teenager to regulate my cycle and help with my acne and it worked wonders.

I have dry skin (well, combo dry...insanely dry on my cheeks and slightly dry on the rest of it). Suddenly I've been breaking out badly on my forehead, nose, and chin. I think it's in part because I haven't been exfoliating lately, but even just a 0.5% BHA serum was having *no* effect when usually it works.

So this is my new routine (only 2 days in and I'm already noticing a difference!):

Evening, I wash with Biotherm's Acnopur cleanser (it's a little bit drying, but not overly harsh), then either use my Biotherm Biosource toner for dry skin (apply w/cotton pad) or Dermalogica's skin protecting toner (spray on). After that, I apply a mosturizing boost to the really dry areas that aren't breaking out. Next comes the Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish moisturizer (1.5% BHA). After that I use Dermalogica's Barrier Repair to soothe and hydrate.

Morning, I wash with Dermalogica's sensitive skin cleanser (it's milky), do the toner and boost as above, but only spot treat with the Olay lotion and then, of course, apply a moisturizer with SPF 15.

I like the Acnopur cleanser because it contains triclosan which is, I think, antibacterial. The Olay Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish is good because of the higher BHA concentration. I think it also helps to go a little easier on your skin and give it a bit of a break by not always using the harsh stuff on it. Biggest thing, though, is probably for you to not stress about your skin, but to keep up a normal routine, spot treat problems, and make sure you have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. You have time...deep breathing will get you far! (Something I've only learned from experience!)
7dh.gif

Try using Hydrogen Peroxide on a cottonball all over your face.

Avoid your hair/eyebrows, they will get dyed orange. Oh, and don't do this often. I heard it's bad for your skin in the long run, but it really does help clear you up fast.

Back