Survey - When you get a haircut, do you...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from the salon and while I was there I was looking around the place and noticed that everybody has a lot of different habits at the salon when we are in that environment. It almost seems like a totally different world. So, I decided to come up with a list of question to view what goes on and how we act.

So, let's see how you act.

Do you call ahead and scheduled an appointment or do you just walk in and see if you can get in the same day?â€

Well, when I want a haircut, I want it right then. But I go to Supercuts, which is a walk in salon, so really no problem there.

When you walk into the salon, is your hair styled in its usually way or is thrown back in ponytail?

I throw it into a ponytail the day of the cut, because there is no reason to style it if someone else is going to do it for you and better.

Do you put your hands under the cape or leave them outside of the cape?

After they put the cape on me, I keep them under, because I really hate when hair gets all over my arms and clothes. Anyways, they wouldn’t put a cape on you, if they wanted you to have hair all over you.

Do you put your hands on the armrest or on your lap?

I do both, sometimes I switch from either position.

Do you place both feet on the footrest or cross your legs?

I always have my feet together on the footrest, because I heard if you cross your legs, it misses up your stylist and you can end up with a crooked haircut.

Are still when they cutting your hair or act fidgety, tapping your feet or hands, playing with something under the cape, switching your body position around, talking with your hands?

I sit very still, my legs together, arms on the armrest and back against the chair. I found it relaxing to not be moving around, it makes me enjoy the experience even more.

Have you ever left the salon with wet hair?

I try not to, but there are sometimes when I am running late for something or just didn't want to pay the extra money, when I can do it myself.

Do like having to look at yourself in the mirror the whole time with wet, unkempt hair?

I’m fine with it, but it gets little annoying, when you see your hair all wet and sectioned in several different ways and you can’t do anything to fix it right then.

Have you ever taken the whole family for haircuts at the same time or is it all about ‘me’ time?

Almost every time that I go. I get my haircut at a family salon, so it makes it really easy on all of us and we always have fun doing it together.

How long do you wait before you were taken to the chair?

I go to a Supercuts that everybody seems to love, so they are really busy almost everyday. Most time, I go on Saturday afternoon for cuts, but most times I end up waiting for forty-five minutes to an hour.

What does your stylist use scissors or a razor?

They use scissors, snip' snip, hair falls to the floor and I'm left with a nice clean line.

Have you ever had the clippers used on your hair?

When my hair was really, really short, they used them a lot on the side and nape of my neck to clean it up and around my ears. Very ticklish.

Do you get scared or nervous when you see a lot of hair on the cape and the floor?

I actually like to see quiet a bit of hair coming off that means that change is happening and I won't get stuck in a rut, I always come out with a different haircut. To tell you the truth, my lap usually has a small pile of hair growing by the end of the cut.

What color/pattern cape does your stylist use and how big is it?

Well, since it’s a chain salon, they all have the same style cape. It's a big black cape, with the words Supercuts printed in bright white on the chest of it. The cape drapes far over the sides of the chair and covers all the way down to my ankles, most times laying on top of my shoes.

Do you like the feeling of the cutting cape?

I love the cool, silky feeling of them over my neck and arms and over my clothes. Also, I like when it moves it makes that ‘whooshing’ sound!

Do close you eyes when they are cutting/or coloring your hair?

No, because I like to know that's going on at all times.

Do you like it when they pump up the chair?

I love when they rise and lower the chair, I don't know why, but I like it.

Does your stylist turn you away from the mirror the whole time of the haircut?

Never, because I've even asked to turn me back to the mirror so I can see.

Have you ever talked to the person sitting next to you?

I haven't, because either I'm having a chat with my stylist or they are having one with there's, but sometimes I try to listen on what they are talking about.

What do you wear when you go to the salon?

My overly sexy outfit, of a short t-shirt, jean shorts, white socks and tennis shoes.

Does your stylist cut your hair wet or dry?

Wet, because I always have it shampooed when I get it cut.

When getting your hair highlighted, do you feel silly with all the foils on your head?

I feel really silly, because it just feels odd with metal on top of my head.

Do you enjoy sitting under the drying when processing the highlights?

It feels nice with the warm, soothing air, but it gets a little boring.

Do you take in pictures of the haircut that you want?

I use to, until I figured out from all the bad haircuts that they can't follow a picture correctly, unless it is a 360 one.

Has your stylist ever done something that you didn’t want them to do

The only time something like that happened to me was when I getting my hair color and I wanted a sort of coffee brown and she died it to a sandy brown and when I asked her if it was suppose to look like that, she told me that it was much better than what I wanted.

Have you fallen asleep in the chair when you were getting your hair done?

No, but I've been very tempted to before.

Does your stylist blow dry or use a Duster to wipe off the hair that has fallen on your neck?

She uses a duster and blow dries it off.

Have you ever had to go to the bathroom during a haircut?

This happened to me once and it was a nightmare. At first, I did my best to hold it until she was done, but it got so bad that I had to tell her to stop and that I was deeply sorry that I had to go to the bathroom. So, to make matters worst, she had the chair pumped to the highest setting, so she had to let it down. Then, she had to take the cape off me, before I could run to the back of the salon with half my hair cut and soaking wet. Really embarrassing.

Have you ever got up and walked out of a haircut?

I haven't done this either, because for some reason even when I know that the haircut is bad, I let them finish it. I am such a wuss.

Have you cried in front of your hair stylist?

I don't get sad when they screw up my hair, I get mad.

When you tip do you hand it to your stylist or to the receptionist?

I always hand it to the stylist, because I don't trust the receptionist to give it to the person taht cut my hair.

Do you call ahead and scheduled an appointment or do you just walk in and see if you can get in the same day?â€

I always schedule.

When you walk into the salon, is your hair styled in its usually way or is thrown back in ponytail?

Usually thrown back.

Under the cape

Both

My hairdresser always makes me put both feet on footrest, but, I would prefer to cross my legs.

Are still when they cutting your hair or act fidgety, tapping your feet or hands, playing with something under the cape, switching your body position around, talking with your hands?

Still

I try not to

Do like having to look at yourself in the mirror the whole time with wet, unkempt hair?

Thats fine

Have you ever taken the whole family for haircuts at the same time or is it all about ‘me’ time?

I go by myself

Maybe...5 mins

Never ever a razor (I hate the razor) ALWAYS scissors

When it was short

Do you get scared or nervous when you see a lot of hair on the cape and the floor?

Sometimes

Black - standard size

No

No

Don't care

No, just when needed.

No

Jeans, shirts and flats.

I have had both, but dry right now

When getting your hair highlighted, do you feel silly with all the foils on your head?

A little bit

The warmth feel nice, but, I don't care either way

No.

Yes

No.

Does your stylist blow dry or use a Duster to wipe off the hair that has fallen on your neck?

Both

Yes

No.

No

Receptionist

I walk in... my best friend cuts my hair at her salon... so I just hang around and b/s with her until she's free.

Depends.... but she knows how it is either way. But you should always try to wear it the way you normally style it to give the stylist an idea.

Under the cape

Both

Both feet on the footrest. Don't EVER cross your legs!!!! Your cut can be uneven because your body will be shifted!

Still

Usually.... I love her to death, but she can't do my hair like I do... lol And usually I take a shower and re-do it again when I get home anyway

Thats fine

I go by myself.. I don't have kids

Depends how busy she is

scissors

No, but she did at a trade show once.. lol She cried all afternoon...

Nah - I trust her... and she knows I'll beat her if she cuts more than I want lol
wink.gif

Black - standard size

Doesn't bother me...

No

Love it... I make her send me up and down all day!!!! lol j/k
wink.gif

No

Usually... Most times I'm sitting in the chair next to hers talking while she's cutting... waiting for my turn lol

Depends. Whatever I have on that day

Wet

Nah

The warmth feel nice, but, I don't care either way

I get the same thing everytime... usually. But it's always a good idea to bring a pic.

Yes... she got scissor happy on me once...

No.

Usually a blowdryer, but my hair is so long that it really doesn't fall on my neck

No

No.

No... not there anyway... I think once when we were just hanging out talking

My friendship is her tip... lmao J/k
wink.gif
I usually would give it to the stylist before leaving.

Survey - When you get a haircut, do you...

Um..no, I just go right then. THe salon I go to dosen't do appointments anyways. I love this place, they do all over color and highlights in 30 min. and for 50 dollars, it also includes haircut.

I guess its stilled since I alsways wear a ponytail.

Outside, I usually look at a magazine.

Um...i guess armrest.

Always place them on the footrest.

I can't sit still unless I drink tons of coffee right before, once I've had my coffee, I sit still and look at a magazine or something.

Nope! They style it for free anyways.

I really don't care, my eyes are focused on the magazine.

Nope. I just take a friend or something for recommendations and stuff like that.

About 5 to 10 min because they work at a very fast pace, they have tons of clients. They also multitask.

Both, depending on the cut

Nope.

No not really, I always know they are doing a good job. Maybe at first when I first started going to my salon, but not anymore.

It's black and HUGE.

No, it makes me feel like I have extra dry skin.

No because I'll fall asleep. It's happend before.
4.gif

I haven't paid attention to this
rolleyes.gif
I will next time.

Sometimes. It depends.

Whatever I wore to school and work, I usually go right after work so it's not like I have anytime to change.

Usually wet because they do the color first.

Yes, I feel like im trying to contact aliens or something
4.gif

Sometimes, magazine pictures and stuff.

One time they did my highlights too blond, so she immedietly fixed them for no extra cost.

Yeah.

It depends on the stylist. I don't have a specific one since they all do a great job
smile.gif

Nope.

I haven't had to, I always get the look I want.

Nope.

The stylist, they do all the work afterall.

Back in a ponytail most of the time (only did it once it think not in ponytail)

underneath

both usually lap when she is doing my hair

place both feet on the footrest

act fidgety, tapping your feet or hands, playing with something under the cape, switching your body position around, talking with your hand

no

no byt yessssssssssssssss

yup

usually 30 minutes or an hour

scissors

no

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Defenitely
10.gif

No.

no

Sometimes but most of the time no. only for a second

yeah as long as they do a good job

yes

yes

sweater and shoes.

wet

yes really silly

never did it

yes

cut a lot of hair or did not color they way i wanted

no

Both

yes but i hold it in don;t wanna make the stylists mad

No but sometimes its too late

Yes when she chopped all my hair 6 years back

stylists

I call Ashley and ask her if she's busy, lol.

Usually thrown back.

Under the cape.

Lap.

Footrest.

I try to stay still..

Yes, she's lazy.

Eh, not really.

The girl that does my hair is my bff she's a cosmotologist and she loves me so its all bout me!
satisfied.gif

Not at all!

Scissors.

Nope.

Yes

It's purple

Not really

Yeah

Not really

I dont like seeing myself before its done.

One of her sisters usually.

Jeans & a t shirt.

Wet

My hair's relaxed... I'm not in a hurry to fry my hair lol.

Nooo it burns.
frown.gif

Nope.

Nope

Almost.

Duster

No

No.

No

I drive her butt everywhere.. payment enough lol. I'm just her guinea pig.

Do you call ahead and scheduled an appointment or do you just walk in and see if you can get in the same day?†I always walk in.

When you walk into the salon, is your hair styled in its usually way or is thrown back in ponytail? Always a ponytail.

Do you put your hands under the cape or leave them outside of the cape? Always under.

Do you put your hands on the armrest or on your lap? Armrest.

Do you place both feet on the footrest or cross your legs? I think I alternate.

Are still when they cutting your hair or act fidgety, tapping your feet or hands, playing with something under the cape, switching your body position around, talking with your hands? I'm very still.

Have you ever left the salon with wet hair? Yes. My most recent haircut, b/c the biatch didn't feel like drying it all the way even after I prompted her to keep drying. See I ever go there again.

Do like having to look at yourself in the mirror the whole time with wet, unkempt hair? It's no matter to me. I get more irritated when they're styling it and I just wanna change the way they've parted it or something.

Have you ever taken the whole family for haircuts at the same time or is it all about ‘me’ time? It's usually just me.

How long do you wait before you were taken to the chair? Not very long. Max 10 minutes.

What does your stylist use scissors or a razor? It depends on where I go. I have done razor in the past year, but my recent cut was strictly scissors.

Have you ever had the clippers used on your hair? Yes. In high school, I had very very very short hair.

Do you get scared or nervous when you see a lot of hair on the cape and the floor? Heck no. When I get my hair cut, I usually am way overdue for one, so it's like a breath of fresh air for me.

What color/pattern cape does your stylist use and how big is it? Just plain black.

Do you like the feeling of the cutting cape? Um, no.

Do close you eyes when they are cutting/or coloring your hair? No.

Do you like it when they pump up the chair? I have no strong feelings either way....

Does your stylist turn you away from the mirror the whole time of the haircut? No.

Have you ever talked to the person sitting next to you? No.

What do you wear when you go to the salon? Whatever the wind blows me in.

Does your stylist cut your hair wet or dry? Always wet. I live for the shampoo!

When getting your hair highlighted, do you feel silly with all the foils on your head? I've never had my hair foiled.

Do you enjoy sitting under the drying when processing the highlights? I sat under it for all over color and I hated it.

Do you take in pictures of the haircut that you want? Sometimes.

Has your stylist ever done something that you didn’t want them to do No.

Have you fallen asleep in the chair when you were getting your hair done? NO.

Does your stylist blow dry or use a Duster to wipe off the hair that has fallen on your neck? Both.

Have you ever had to go to the bathroom during a haircut? Not that I recall.

Have you ever got up and walked out of a haircut? No.

Have you cried in front of your hair stylist? No.

When you tip do you hand it to your stylist or to the receptionist? {/b} I don't carry cash. I always tip when I pay with my debit card.

This one is easy for me. I have had way too many bad experiences at the stylist, so I mostly cut my own hair. It looks good and it's free!

I always call ahead.

Depends on that day.

Under the cape.

Both.

Both feet on the footrest.

Still.

Nope.

I'm fine with it.

I always go alone. I don't have a family yet.

Depends. Usually just a few minutes.

Scissors.

Sure.

Always.

Black, regular size.

It doesn't bother me.

Nope.

Sure.

No.

I'm usually chatting with my stylist.

Whatever I feel like wearing that day
smile.gif

Wet, or semi-dry.

No.

It's fine.

Always. Of haircut and colour.

Almost every time. They usually go scissors happy on me.

Never.

Blow dries it off.

No.

No. I just refused to pay once.

No, just got really upset.

My stylist.

Back