Indian Eyebrows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have noticed that most Indian women have perfect eyebrows. I don't think it's because they all get them threaded (or however you say it) because I don't think they all do. Like, the shape is soooo nice. It's not really thick or anything and they are long, as in across. I can't really name a bunch of people as examples except the girl that plays Neela on E.R., Parminder Nagra. She also played in Bend It Like Beckham. I have a thing for eyebrows and I just really like Indian eyebrows.

Since I'm new, I don't really know if this has been talked about or not, but what are ya'll's favorite eyebrow shape?

those are beautiful eyebrows ... mine are so thin and puny
frown.gif

i want the long winged eyebrows that i see on everyone else. i might have to get that eyebrow transplant that's being talked about in another thread
scared.gif

i loooooooove asians' eyebrows! they're always so perfect. i LOVE sassychix's!

sassychix has AMAZING eyebrows! so does bronze_chiqz btw. I want eyebrows like theirs, but I can only get that effect if I get them threaded, which my town doesn't offer.
frown.gif
It's not only South Asian girls who have those great brows, but I've noticed a lot of Middle Eastern ladies having that same type of shape and "finish" - I think it's due to having thick dark hair, which is both a blessing and a curse...

edit:

I've always loved this Bollywood actress's brows:

sushmita_sen11.jpg

sushmita.jpg

I have very light and thin eyebrows...ur right about asian eyebrows. iam not into complain abt mine.

gorgeous brows! i really do think most Indian girls get them threaded, and as well as having perfect arches to begin with they prolly have had thicker brows their whole lives so they're able to maintain the look. A lot of us who have had thin brows for so many years can't grow them back thick any more, I think the trick is to never go thin in the first place really

I think that they all mostly have there eyebrows threaded as it was india that started of threading, or so i heard but im pretty sure they started it off. I would love eyebrows like them, im half indian but there not as full or thick
frown.gif

I've gotten the compliment a numerous time son my eyesbrows, I don't know why it is, but I just pluck then, and I did have it threaded when I was in India, but I think I do just a good job at it. maybe it's an Indian, Arabic thing...

Hi,

I too am a lover of how the brows of most Indian/Pakistani/Bangoli women are shaped. I believe their hair is more dense. A friend of mine (Dina) has these awesome brows.

I'm sure having a great threader can't hurt either.
wink3.gif

They do have nice brows. My mom has thin brows and had them threaded and they looked soo much thicker.

I was reading something about threading and it said that it was also done in Egypt. Whenever I get time, I will post a picture of my eyebrows (our camera broke so I will have to use my camera phone). I work hard at having perfect eyebrows, that and I like doing them and other peoples.

There is definitely some truth to that. I would say that I like my eyebrows a lot - and I always had compliments on the shape - even when unplucked and bushy.

thanxx mehrun!!Well try applying castor oil for faster growth every nite.Mine had gone thinner couple of years back due to over plucking but then i re-grow them for 4 months!!!! It wuz unruly,bushy n messy n i wuz holding myself frm doin anything to it .And then i get em' threaded.Till now, im maintaining the shape n 2 yrs back, i started to fill my brows with MAC Coudory/Carbon with MAC 266 brush.I tink this has enhanced more of my eyebrows n elongate them at the end!(b4 that i wont fill or draw my brows)

I luc Salma hayek's brows!

I said I would put pics of my eyebrows on here so here they are. Sorry about looking soo bad, I didn't do my makeup ( overslept). These were taken with my camera phone.

Back