Lustrous, beautiful soft hair is what we all desire. However we must remember that your health is reflected in your hair. If you are healthy your hair will be healthy and vice-versa. A healthy body has healthy beautiful hair.
Here are some home recipes and remedies to beautiful hair
1. Rub lemon juice all over your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse off. This treatment ensures dandruff free and absolutely clean hair. The key to beautiful hair is a clean scalp.
2. Mix equal amounts of dried shikakai, amla and ritha; and powder them. They can also be powdered first and then mixed together. Soak 2-3 handfuls of this mixture over night in some water. It should not be too thin. Next day sieve it and use it to wash hair. It promotes hair growth as well as cures dandruff.
3. Soak dried amla in water overnight. Use this water to rinse hair. Amla is a known hair tonic and a hair nourisher. It also promotes hair pigmentation, which makes the hair dark.
4. Boil some dried amla pieces in coconut oil for a few minutes. Cool and sieve. Massage hair with this oil regularly for thick and lustrous hair.
5. For conditioning hair, henna is the best. A henna paste mixed with curd, an egg and lemon juice is an excellent conditioner if left on the hair for about 45 minutes. If you have dry hair, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil or coconut oil to the henna paste.
6. Used tea leaves can be boiled again in 2-3 cups of fresh water. Strain the liquid, cool it and use it on your hair as the last rinse after shampoo. Let down your hair after shampoo and gradually pour the tea water on the head, rubbing gently with the fingers. This will improve the look of your hair and you will get more beautiful hair.
Black Hair Care Tips
- Massage the scalp regularly to encourage oil production.
- If you have curly black hair, use a wide-toothed Afro comb and if you have relaxed black hair, use a natural bristle brush.
- Combing will help spread the natural oils through the hair, making it look shinier and healthier. Use intensive pre-shampoo treatments.
- Shampoo your black hair as often as you feel necessary but only lather once, using a small amount of shampoo. Rinse thoroughly. Towel-blot, don't rub hair.
- Once a month try a hot oil treatment, which will lubricate dry scalp conditions as well as moisturize brittle black hair.
- If you have a delicate fringe or baby fine hair around the hairline, use a tiny round brush and a hairdryer to blend in this hair.
- Gels are good for molding black hair into shape; choose non-greasy formulas that give hair a healthy sheen.
- If you use hot combs or curling tongs, make sure you shield the hair by using a protective product.
- For extra hold and added shine use a finishing spray.
- Braided black hair needs a softening shampoo that maintains the moisture balance and helps eliminate a dry scalp.
Hair Brushing is an activity which is often done without even thinking about it. "My hair needs a brush" - and one minute afterwords it's all done. If hair get's brushed very often, it's important to do it right.
First rule: never ever brush wet hair. It's better to leave wet hair alone until it is dry. There are special products on the market to prepare hair for the dry condition, to allow e.g. easy combing. Most of these products are applied in the last wet phase. After applying e.g. a rinser to your hair and drying it off, you can de-tangle it with your fingers. I suggest to not even comb it in wet condition.
Second rule: whenever possible, start to comb your hair before you start to brush. Combing has to be done bottom up. Start combing at the end of your hair. Go through some inches until all knots are combed out, then restart some inches higher. If your hair is really messy today, separate it and comb each strand on its own. After you detangled your hair by this method, you can use a brush to go through the whole length, top down. Don't brush rude. Often the end of a hair fiber is much brighter than the hair cuticle just one inch above. This indicates that the hair fiber was broken, or stretched to rip, which is the result of rude brushing or combing.
You have to use a good hair comb / brush. Don't buy cheap plastic stuff! The problem is not that it might rip your hair, but it causes electrostatic, which has an effect like glue - whatever you do with your comb, it will only catch more static.
Here's a trick to get rid of static (also known as flying hair): use a mister, and spray some water onto your hair. This will discharge your hair. After brushing you can apply a spray to make your hair more shiny. If it is a good product, it will also protect your hair additionally. If you like to give your hair style and form, you may use styling gels or foams. Additional products will be necessary for a variety of hairstyles, some ladies do use quite some hairspray to protect their long hair during the day to catch static and become flying hair.
Essential, impacting hair care products including shades so rich & subtle hair color, fresh shampoo & silky haircare conditioner
Proper haircare shows from the top of your head, so you want to be on top of your hair. The importance of well cared for hair can be found in the careful selection of haircare products. Hair care requires patience along with gentle hair care products and a hair cut every few months. Hair color is a wonderful option for creating a new look for yourself and haircare products are becoming less harmful to your hair care.
Haircare should be considered when you are coloring your hair using hair color products that won't harm your scalp or damage your hair. Haircare coloring is not only quick and easy but the chemicals in products are much less caustic to the hair than they were years ago. Beautiful and natural looking hair color is as sought after as ever and with the the proper haircare and color, you can bring out your eyes and make your skin glow. There are several different types of hair color. Some simply lay color on top of the hair and others require a chemical reaction that takes place inside the hair shaft.
When it comes to normal haircare coloring, permanent color is the most popular choice because it lasts the longest and gives the most dramatic change of tone. Hair care products are available in permanent hair colors that will last until you cut your hair and/or your roots grow out. Demipermanent color is the technique known as "tone on tone" and is gentler than permanent color because it doesn't contain ammonia. The downside is it only lasts around six weeks before it fades. Temporary color is great if you don't want to make a full commitment to change your hair color from blonde to black. Temporary colors can last for up to eight shampoos.
Damaged haircare can be repaired under most any circumstance. Whether your hair is processed, damaged, or simply dry it needs special care. Shampoos that target these problems are emollient and contain more conditioners than other haircare shampoos. Conditioner will moisturize your short or long hair and leave it looking natural and feeling healthy. A tip for shiny hair is to use a deep conditioner once every two to four weeks or balance out the damage by adding olive oil to your hair. Discount hair care products will give your hair a much needed beauty boost.
A RECIPE FOR STRONG, BEAUTIFUL HAIR
Even though natural texture and the rate at which your hair grows cannot be changed by what you eat, you can improve the way it looks and feels by switching over to a nutritious, well balanced, protein rich diet.
Eat: Low fat fish, chicken, pulses like dals and sprouts.
<TABLE id=3 height="100%" width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="60%">DRY HAIR
Increase intake of low cholesterol, polyunsaturated oils such as margarine, sunflower oil, fruits and foods rich in Vitamin B. Eat: Foods rich in vitamin B, raw vegetables, pulses, wholemeal bread, brown rice, liver, bananas, nuts and oily fish. A supplement of Vitamin E capsules will also help. Avoid: Salty and fatty cheeses.
This condition stems from over secretion of the sebaceous glands. Eat: Lots of green leafy vegetables, salads, fresh fruits, yogurt, baked and grilled dishes. Avoid: Fried and greasy foods, milk products and red meat.
Eat: Plenty of vegetables and fresh fruits.
Avoid: Butter, cheese and deep fried foods.
Eat: Foods rich in minerals - green vegetables, nuts, lentils, wholegrain cereals, shrimps, oily fish and milk.
HAIR WITH DANDRUFF/FLAKY SCALP
Eat: Fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and vitamin A rich foods. Avoid: Dairy products, spicy food, piping hot food and animal fat.
FOR SHINY TRESSES
Does your hair look unhealthy and lack luster?
. Start using conditioners regularly.
. It is Important that you also rinse off the conditioner thoroughly after wash.
. A easy way to get the shine back in your hair is to use tea-water as a rinse or use a mug or two of water to which you've added juice of half a lemon/or a table spoon of cooking white vinegar as a final rinse.
. You will feel the difference.
MAKE YOUR OWN ROSE CONDITIONER
It helps to use a hair conditioner regularly. And while you look for the best brand to buy, you could try this one at home. Soak half a cup of rose petals in hot water for some time. Take half a mashed banana (full if you have long tresses), one table-spoon honey, and a tablespoon of coconut/olive oil. Blend all the four ingredients tin a blender. Massage well into your hair and scalp, and leave the conditioner on for about half an hour. If you can wrap a warm towel around your head the conditioner will have a better effect. Make sure that you wash off conditioner thoroughly with shampoo.
AMLA - THE BEST MEDICINE FOR HAIR.
Regular massage of fresh amla mashed to a paste will do wonders. The application of this paste will improve the colour of hair (delay the process of graying), prevent your hair from falling and moreover has a cooling effect on the entire system.