Burnt my face - Vaseline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a very stupid thing and burnt my face. I recently started using Retin-A, which alone has caused peeling and dryness so I decided to use it every other night. I wanted to alternate between Retin-A and this scar treatment I use which contains lactic acid, kojic acid...etc What a stupid move! I ended up burning my skin, and now i have RED, irritated, peeling, super-dry patches all over my face.

I need something hydrating, soothing and alcohol free and i was wondering if Vaseline is a good idea. My main concern is whether it'll clog my pores, to add to the horror! Did you ever break out from Vaseline?

pure shea butter. it will re-nourish your skin. Go to an african store and get the real stuff not all that chemicalized ish. Or just apply aloevera to it.Vaseline is also good.

No I would not use Vaseline (as in the Petrolium Jelly). I'd try Aloe Vera Gel.

Good luck
smile.gif

Try puttng a thin layer of Neosporin over the burned areas. This will also prevent infection and scarring.

never broke out from it--its pretty much fine for me. use it over your moisturizer. (neosporin is about half vaseline anyway)

I have done that almost exact many times. I have found hydro cortisone cream to be the most helpful for over the counter. But if your dr gave u the rx for the retinA you might be able to get something called silver sulfadine (spell?) for skin burns. It is rx too but works wonders. Good luck! by the way, i def would not use vasaline.

i'm so sorry that happened! something very similar happened to me, too, like that, but with different acids. the thing that helped SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much was this.

i hope you feel better soon!

dont worry ive done that ages ago and i wouldnt go out side my room my face was baddddd reddd purpleee i couldnt eat or yawn cause it would kill my face and belive meee all i did is wash my face with cold water and put olay cream but hey that was like 3 years ago and then my face started peeling and all yuky but i swear after about 3 weeks my face was clear clear clear i swear to goddd and brighttt and beautiful not even one pimple nothing not even one scar and i stop wearing foundation and all this crap but then when i came back to australia my face started breaking out again i wish it stayed that good anyway sorry about the long essay lol butt dont worry leave it wear sunscreen dont put makeup and ull b fine

Isn't Vaseline bad because it keeps your skin from breathing? I would use neosporin since it's formulated for burns etc. and it'll help it to heal faster.

In ayurvedic skin care, they treat burns with either a turmeric paste (made with water and turmeric powder) - be careful with that, since it can tint your skin yellow - or sesame oil.

Aloe vera is always a good solution for burns too.

I had terrible, chronic problem with chapped skin around my lips (not just lips, all around them, up to my nose!
10.gif
) and a pharmacist told me to use Aquaphor. It worked wonders, and I tried so many things before! It has 41% Petrolatum though. I don't know if it would be good for this kind of damage, but you could try if it works on a small area of your skin.

Eucerin

I also recommend going to a pharmacy and asking pharmacist for advice. They often know more than doctors
wink.gif
seriously, I had my skin problem for so long and now it is all gone thanks to pharmacist advice
laughing.gif

Thanks everyone for all your recs!
smile.gif
I'm going to stay away from Vaseline. As for aloe, it turns out the aloe vera gel i have has alcohol in it, and so does my witch hazel. I need to get myself some jojoba oil. I used some Eucerin on my burns and its working pretty well. Jen, i'm going to check that Aveeno moisturizer, looks good!

g.gif

Like the ladies said, pure shea butter, aloe vera, emu oil, even cocoa butter would work. They all are natural healing.

Queen Helen Minut Jupelp Mask will defenitely help, thats what worked for me. Just do not wear any makeup, let your skin heal. And do not use a cleanser or a soap or do a peel, keep it very simple and let your skin heal.

Back