Japan Makeup Products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there, I was wondering if any of you heard of any japan makeup/skin care products that are good? They're really quite fantastic in the make up area -- and I've got magazines of them teaching one how to Wear fake eyelashes - step by step. It's amazing.

Okay, call me wide eyed surprise -- but yea, I never knew that foundation had to be put in such a way that the fairer shade (highlighter) should be placed at your T-zone and your cheekbones to make your face shaper. Anddd, there's such stuff about contouring. Cool.

So i was just wondering if any of you know of any great japan make up brans? or products? I'm currently using Ethusia's Liquid eyeliner. It's perfect because it's shaped like a pen!

I reckon Shu Uemera and Shiseido... Those are the only two that jump out in my mind.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I reckon Shu Uemera and Shiseido... Those are the only two that jump out in my mind. ditto

I use Korean makeup as well with shu, particularly Laniege and Enprani, though there are many others. (Their skin care rocks!) You can find out more about the different brands here

Originally Posted by rainbowholism /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi there, I was wondering if any of you heard of any japan makeup/skin care products that are good? They're really quite fantastic in the make up area -- and I've got magazines of them teaching one how to Wear fake eyelashes - step by step. It's amazing.
Okay, call me wide eyed surprise -- but yea, I never knew that foundation had to be put in such a way that the fairer shade (highlighter) should be placed at your T-zone and your cheekbones to make your face shaper. Anddd, there's such stuff about contouring. Cool.

So i was just wondering if any of you know of any great japan make up brans? or products? I'm currently using Ethusia's Liquid eyeliner. It's perfect because it's shaped like a pen!

There are many good makeup brands. It depends on how much would you willing to spend though. If you willing to spend more money for makeup you can try the deptstore brand one, such as:

Shu uemura

Shiseido: inouiid,Cledepau, Shiseido S.co, etc

Kose: Cosmedecorte, BEAUTÉ de KOSÉ, etc

Kanebo: Lunasol, Twany, Impress, etc

RMK

Suqqu

Albion

Ayura

Awake

Elegance

IPSA

Sofina:Est, Alblanc etc

And moree (I can't possibly mention them all lol)

As for non deptstore to drugstore brand (widely available):

Shiseido maquillage, Majolica Majorca, Intergrate, etc

Kanebo Testimo, Lavshuca, Revue, Kate, etc

Kose: Luminous, Fasio, Esprique, Vise etc

Ettusais

Sofina: Aube, Raycious, Very very, Fune Fit, etc

Misselegance

Orbis

SKII

And many more

I've tried some of the brands and me like/love them ALL.

I see your location is in Singapore, you can get Japanese magazines in Singapore, right? I've learned sooo many things from all Japanese beauty magazines from skincare to makeup. Their magazines are full with brilliant tutorials, tips and recommendations.

i recently bought an e/s pallette from a brand called "CModel".. has anyone heard of it? the pallette didnt cost me much (it was less than the price of a single MAC e/s over here) but the quality of the e/s is great and theres like 28 colors in there!!

i bought it at the japanese pavillion from one of our Ramadan fairs =)

whoa that's cool. yea, i'm from SG. And I've managed to chance upon those magazines. They're really informative!!

Shiseido, Kose, Sofina, for the brands i know of and want to buy. i don't read japanese, so i don't really read any japanese magazine, except from time to time the gothic bibles.

Have to share: I've recently bought two Majolica Majorca and a Lavshuca e/s on www.adambeauty.com They're VERY pigmented and cheap, excellent price/quality balance. Can't wait to buy other MM products.

Shiseido is a Japanese brand but it isn't really a Japanese brand if the product is made in another country besides Japan. here in the US, all of their skincare line except White Lucent is made in the US.

their White Lucent does wonders for my skin so I might stick to that skincare line.

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shiseido is a Japanese brand but it isn't really a Japanese brand if the product is made in another country besides Japan. here in the US, all of their skincare line except White Lucent is made in the US.
their White Lucent does wonders for my skin so I might stick to that skincare line.

Yeah, most of Shiseido International lines are made in USA regarding Western/Asian skin type and stuff. But, even though some of the International product are made in US but it still Japanese brand (NOT original Japanese product) though only it made in other country.

Originally Posted by hollywood /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know if it is from Japan or Korea...but I absolutly love and read great reviews of Cle de Peau, foundations, loose powder and concealor(sp?)I use their loose powder and concealor. Totally amazing!

Cle de Peau is owned by Shiseido. They have pretty good products but they're pricey.

SUQQU have the best eyelash curlers around. They are WAY better then Shu Uemura, as they actually curl the lash from the root. Suqqu have just launched in the UK, in Selfridges and the curlers are only £12....they are more expensive in Japan.

SUQQU brushes are also absolutely unbelievable...unfortunately they are madly expensive (The blusher brush is £160...$320!!!
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif
). They are however the best (canadian blue squirrel hair, which I hear is 'humanely' obtained....you have to see these to believe the quality.

RMK has a great colour palette....I LOVE their jelly face masks too.

Also, the BEST eyeliner pen I have ever used is by a company called KATE. Its an ultra fine wet pen...and I bring back dozens for friends who beg me for one when I go to Japan....and for approx £5 ($10)....it's a mega bargain.
glasses.gif

MB

just be aware they are SO EXPENSIVE to import. When I was in Japan makeup was out of this world expensive

Back