Should blush match lip color?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To elaborate more...If you wear a peachy blush, do you wear a peachy lipstick and vice versa with pinks?

I was going to sephora today to look at Laura Mercier apricot face tint to wear as a blush. Do I need to pick up a peachy lipstick/gloss too?

TIA,

Renee

That's the same question that I asked a while back. The sales assistant told me that the colour on your cheek should be roughly in the same range as your lips. so, if you wear peachy cheek colour..you should should wear..I assume..either light pinks...or a nice soft peachy lipstick..i don't necessarily think a bright orange lipstick or anything.

I think the brightness of the lipstick also matters and not just the colour...

For example, you don't want to wear bright pink with peachy cheek colour...but soft hues can compliment each other ...even if they are not the exact same colour in the pot or tube.

I hope this helps or at least pull you in the right direction.

In my opinion, it looks better if all the colours are in the same family or close to it, or complementary colours. It applies to your eye makeup too. So warm colours for peach tones and cool colours for pink tones. You don't have to do that though.

Thanks it does help
smile.gif
I'm glad you responded so quickley YEAH!!

Nay! I don't match my blush with l/s as I don't want to look like a peachy-doll or pinkish doll. I normally use light lippies shade and it's not the same as my blush color.

I never wear too much blush so you can tell if I'm wearing a peachy blush or not, so I don't think it has to match.

Doesn't make me no matter... Especially since I generally wear nudes or light peachy-pinks...

Back