Mineral Makeup for Older skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 48 and just ordered some mineral makeup. If you are older which company has been best for you?? I wanta try a bunch and find the best for me
sheep.gif

You can do a search in the forum and you will find loads of info on mineral makeup.
smile.gif
Everydayminerals and Bare Escentuals seem to be the most popular ones here but there are endless possibilities.
biggrin.gif

I really have searched but 20 year old skin is alot different than 48 year old skin, shoot my skin 5 years ago was different that it is today. I was looking for experience from older people, I will keep looking, thanks

i use and love everyday minerals, i would try it in original glo,and the samples are free,just pay a 3.00 or 4.00 shipping fee,good luck
smile.gif

I've seen infomercials of Bare Escentuals and there are a lot of women with mature skin saying they love BE. I guess because BE imparts this glow which looks oily on younger skin. I've also heard a lot of good reviews on Jane Iredale.

I am new to mmu and have older (43) skin and yes, i do understand about how quickly it seems our skin changes! I ordered samples from aromaleigh and i'm still looking for the right color match. My skin seems drier and the "laugh" lines around my eyes are more pronounced to me i.e. drier. I don't have a primer maybe that would help.

thanks guys for the info I am just going to buy samples till I find a match, going to have to check out the primer to. I certainly dont want something so dry all my lines look pronounced LOL.

As far as i know, mineral makeup doesn't seem to perform as good as it does on people with oily skin - it's said to accentuate fine lines and dry patches. It's good to really moisturize first to have it reduced

Hi, I'm 41 and I find Everyday Minerals used with smashbox primer and everyday minerals finishing powder to work best. I found Lily lolo, for example to be too drying - as well as BE.....

With our 'more mature' skin, you need to make sure you moisturise before applying MMU, or it will emphasize dryness and look horribly flaky and settle in those annoying creases.....

I'm going to try a suggestion from a very well informed poster on another thread about using jojoba oil as a moisturiser.....see the thread on oily skin

MB
vogel.gif

I just ordered some samples from Everyday Minerals. Maybe I'll have better luck with them. I do like the weightlessness of the mmu. I have a hard time finding a moisturizer that works for me especially now that winter is here. It seems that when i use more moisturizer i break out. I am on a constant search for the right one.

I'm 41 and I also like the weightlessness of mmu but I also thought BE seemed to accentuate the lines around my eyes, etc. I found that if I make sure my skin is well moisturized it looks better. But, a primer does help. I use the pore minimizer from Clinique, but will probably try Smashbox next since everyone seems to rave about it on here. I also am in the process of trying some EDM samples to see if those will work better for me. The Skin Care forum has some great ideas and tips for moisturizing. Check that out also.
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm 39 and just started using some samples from Lauress (lauress.com). I've used many different brands and Lauress works best for me. It doesn't accentuate fine lines like EDM and others did for me. Having a good color match makes a difference too.

i'm 37 and use aromaleigh. i use a primer also and find that this combo works the best for me. the foundation color is a perfect match for my skin (1C/L) and the primer smooths everything out.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can do a search in the forum and you will find loads of info on mineral makeup.
smile.gif
Everydayminerals and Bare Escentuals seem to be the most popular ones here but there are endless possibilities.
biggrin.gif
iagree.gif

Ok you 40 year old youngsters LOL!!!

I am 57 have been wearing minerals about 10 years. Skin is normal to dry.

Ok have tried BE Waaaaaay to shiney and made my wrinkles look awful.

JI turned orange on me

Botany (no longer in busniess) didn;t like couldn;t get a color match

Aromaleigh, ok, just don't care for the company itself

EDM somewhat chalky on me, and drying

Cory waaay to much coverage for me and drying.

Lauress tried the original line didn;t care for the coverage, since she has reformulated didn;t care the the next version either.

Pure Lux not a bad one, again kinda made my lines appear worse.

Au courant liked this one wore it for a few years.

MY Fav is Fusion of Color. Got a good color match. The foundation is matte but not dead looking and doesn;t have that chalkiness that some have, and doesn't accuenuate (sp) my fine lines

T

I'm 48 and wear Purely Cosmetics. I think they cater to an older crowd; the before and after pics on their "how to apply" page shows someone who's, as I like to put it, "heard gravity thump"
satisfied.gif

I'm 44 and I've been using Bare Escentuals. Although, I am checking out other companies.

I'll have to try fusion of color, though I don't really have many lines... my problem is large pores!

Latest posts

Back