Shooting pains up and down my left arm/chest

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what comes to mind?

last sunday, it started outta nowhere and i had a hard time breathing. my mom wanted to bring me to the hospital, but i know the bill would've killed me (and her), so i told her i was fine.

it happened a few weeks before that, but not as much, and hasn't happened since.

Jennifer... when you can, you should definitely have this checked out. Do you not have benefits through Sephora? Something like this shouldnt happen to someone your age.

outta nowhere, though? i guess i'll look into it. i didn't think i ever got those. thanks!

i don't because i'm seasonal (for now), so it hasn't kicked in yet til i get the permanent position in january.

I used to get these when I got stressed out. Doing Yoga and learning how to take deep, relaxing breaths every time I would start to get stressed out alleviated anything.

I would say, though, to have this checked out ASAP. Just go to the doctor and tell them the monetary situation and that you need a payment plan, but you want to have this looked into. I went to the doc and my heart and all was fine...no palps, nothing like that...so it was stress (being that it was so infrequent and only when I was stressted out).

i was thinking stress, too, because i had a big day ahead of me the day after it happened, so it makes sense. thanks!

I would definitely get it checked out as soon as possible. It's probably nothing at your age, but it would still be good to check.

it could even be gas pains some times people mistake those for more serious things cause it feels the same

Never neglect your health get it checked out, even if you have to do a payment plan.....

I've had the same thing happen and it was stress related in my case, too.

I would definitely have it checked out just to be on that safe side.

Jen, from a medical standpoint, it is impossible to know what these symptoms represent just by reading your brief description. If you are still having it or have it again, I strongly recommend seeing your doc to get to the bottom of it.

You should get this checked out..before your mother has to call 911. There are a couple of things to think about also. Are you in a high risk catagory for a heart attack? How old are you? Do you have a family hx of heart disease? Are you overweight? Do you smoke? Is your cholesterol high? Do you exercise regularly? Do you have a high stress job/lifestyle? Even if you are not in a high risk catagory, you should still go to your family doc and have it checked out. As an RN and former ER nurse, I have seen people of all ages and life styles having heart attacks. The one thing they had in common with you is denial. Its safe but it doesn't always protect us and I've seen people die because of it. I hope for you and your family, it only is stress. Just think how much better you will feel if you know for sure!!!!

I get them... From arthritis... It feels like a heart attack (as they've been described). I feel it in my shoulders too... Normally as long as I stay calm, I'm okay... I've also had them happen from anxiety or stress...

I've had arthritis in my back and chest (muscles & joints?) since I was in like the 7th grade! Insane, huh? I just had pains I couldn't stand, and almost couldn't breathe. My mom took me to the hospital to see the doctor, and they diagnosed me. They ran tests for RA, but it was negative. I was originally on medication (Naproxen and Methcarbamol), but they took me off since it was an addictive combination. I could tell too when I needed meds, or when I was coming off them. I'm a walking medical case LOL! We're not positive, but it might've been related to cheerleading.

Hmmmm Interesting!!!! When you say tests for RA, are you talking about ANA and Rheumatoid Factor (RF)? Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) is not uncommonly seronegative (negative rheumatoid factor). In fact, positive RF in cases of JRA is a marker of bad prognosis. So a negative RF does not rule out RA if the clinical probability is high. Of course I am in no position to make any diagnosis from here but just thought I would let you know this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

By the way, there are 2 different things: Arthralgias, which are pain in the joints, and arthritis, which is inflammation of the joints (pain, swelling, redness, warmth). Just a medical pearl for the day. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL

EDIT: I just read your post again... What do you mean by arthritis in the chest? Costochondritis? We don't need to keep talking about this here on Jen's thread LOL You can PM me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started having chest pains when I was about 15 and was just given a reason for it about two months ago (Im 24) . I have Costochondritis, which is sort of a reacuring muscle pull in the chest wall ( well, thats not the best way to describe it) So dont freak, it could be anything , even somthing as simple as mine. I had a pinched nerve in my left shoulder last summer which cause shooting pains down my arm. Combine the two things, and I was a little scared.....especially since I also have an extra rib which when thrown in to the mix coulda been the culprit, or so I thought. Basically it all turned out to be nothing, so Im just saying dont freak out yet, stress wouldnt help.

Latest posts

Back