How to keep that red lipstick on

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was wearing red lipstick on my work's christmas dinner. MAC berry boost.

here is a picture.

But when i went to the bathroom after the starters, the lipstick in the middle of my lips was gone. so i wiped it all off, and just used red lipgloss instead.

so how do you do with red lipstick, not eat at all?

I know, my MAC Diva does the same thing. I think that is just a red lipstick thing. IMO, there is nothing to be done, you just have to keep re-applying. That lipstick looks beautiful on you btw.

My Mother taught me these tricks when I started wearing l/s:

Drink all liquids through a straw, and eat solid foods with a utensil.

i did eat with fork and spoon, maybe my lipstick went to the glass then. coz i didnt use straw.

Try using a liner underneath... Also, a lot of lipsticks are not long lasting (for some reason).. this happens a lot to me with creamy lipsticks.. A lip liner helps tons... But there are also long-lasting lipsticks out there that will last for hours.. I haven't tried many, but I know L'Oreal Endless has pretty good lasting power.. Lancome also had a good line of long-lasting lipsticks, but I don't remember what it was called... The bottom line is that you gotta pick a lipstick that's specifially made for lasting.

Very good tips: Liner, straw,primer. I was going to suggest all of these. You might also try dusting your lips lightly with powder and applying a second coat of red or gloss.

good tips, i will try them ou the next time i wear red lipstick. tanx a lot.

What I do for my lipstick to stay on longer is to fill in my lips with lip liner closest to my lipstick color.

I know Chanel's lipsticks are good too. A long time ago I had purchased their Vamp lipstick and lipliner to use for special evening occasions and it lasted the whole evening.

Like their lip stuff but don't like the price.

MAC has some greapro long wear lip colours. They last me all day. I just bought an amazingly bright red lipstick for the holidays. It doesn't budge. I can eat, drink, lick my lips. I think they are fantastic!

This is taken from a magazine article I clipped awhile ago:

How to do lipstick that lasts all day

First, apply balm. Then, using a liner that matches your lipstick, dot just inside lip borders. Connect the dots to form an outline, then fill in your entire mouth.

Now swipe on lipstick straight from the tube, pressing the flat top part firmly against your mouth. Smush lips together and blend any lines with a finger.

Last, line your mouth again (yes, on top of the lipstick, then o right ahead and eat up, drink, make out like a madwoman - that color's not going anywhere."

-----------

A tip from Lucky awhile back said:

"Layer your lipstick. Using a firm lip brush, paint your color on, blot, and paint again - it'll look deeper and sexier - and last"

oh i will try that one... but first i have to finish this other red normal l/s, but that will probably take years :scared: but i will try the other tips too, and or buy a new l/s you suggest :laughing:

i just keep it with me and put it on occationally.

you could use a stain though, or one of those 16 hour lip stuff (vs has an awsome one that doesnt try you lips out).

I second this. I have the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolor in Purrpetuate and they do last. We went shopping today and I wore it. I ate, drank, and it lasted! My husband wouldn't even kiss me because he doesn't realize these lipsticks don't come off on him ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, I just noticed. I have it on in my avatar picture!

my aunt loves maroon and red lipstick, and she swears by this drugstore sealer. i think she said it was lipcote or lipchic, and that it was dirtcheap. i, myself, tend to go with matte colors when i wear red, and that helps. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back