Exfoliate AFTER toner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always thought toner was the final step in the skin care regimen ..... to remove any last traces of anything. me thinks Paula's wrong !

i tone just before moisturizing, my second to last step. i think paula has this one wrong.

Thanks for your replies. ^^ Ill just stick to how Im doing it now then.

She puts it in that order because she doesn't recommend manual exfoliation, but chemical exfoliation. It wouldn't make any sense to put on an AHA gel and then use toner, but it makes sense to cleanse, scrub, and then tone. The order just depends on the type of exfoliation you're using.

Ah I see! Not that I know much about exfoliants. I just use some facewash with tiny scrubbythings in it.

Why wouldnt it make any sense to use toner after an AHA exfoliant?

Sorry if its a dumb question. * ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />*

That's ok...not a dumb question at all. Using toner after an AHA gel/liquid/cream would be like using toner after your moisturizer -- it would take off what you just put on. If you have a moisturizing spray as a toner, you could use that any time, though.

You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to be of help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When my skin started acting up, I started doing research on skin care (it's how I keep myself from stressing).

thanx for the explanation. I also exfoliate first , then use toner

Back