I feel frumpy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww cheer up! I know how you feel! well the only thing that makes me feel better is shopping for some more makeup! woo hoo! lol :]

Hmm well I usually do something with my hair like change the color or cut I always feel better after a visit to a salon. If money is an issue you can always color your hair yourself.

Rather than going out doing a retail therapy, I would suggest doing stuff at home to pamper yourself, whether it be a bubble bath with a glass of wine, face mask/exfoliation, etc.

I usually feel better when I do them than go out and spend more money that I don't have! lol!

Hope you feel better soon!!! :huggies:

Sometimes a fun thing to do is to take a "day off"off your life,if you can, and then go and do whatever(witin reason and possibilty,of course!)you want to do: go and buy something you've wanted for a long time, or that you just see and fall in love with, get a massage, a manicure, buy some candy or flowers for yourself, go to an aquarium or an airport or a cafe all by yourself and just look at the faces of strangers passing by, each one connected to their own, inherent,separate little universe, and yet,in their odd way,connected to you,also. Doing this always helps remind me that I am not alone in my aloneness, nor is my world this one's center. There are always others to reach out to: you could volunteer at an animal or a homeless or a domestic violence shelter; there will be always people out there happy and grateful for your presence.

When I think "frumpy,"I think of being uncomfortable and unhappy in my body, which for me too is often also the case. One thing I do to try and prevent that awful feling is some form of excercise I can connect to,on a deeper level than just my body:something that interests my mind also. You might try a yoga or a modern dance class, walking, a hiking group(such as the Sierra Club) or just rent/buy an excercise video you like and try it out around the privacy of your own home. Excercise really can be an enormous mood lifter--fun excercise that is!Maybe just make up the dance steps all by yourself. Be creative to have that much more fun.

Another mood lifter can be calling or writing a friend you've fallen out of touch with for a while, or taking a good friend or family member out to lunch,and explaining to them you are feeling a little depressed. Knowing you personally, they will probably be full of reassurances and good ideas to terminate this sad mood(obviously much better ideas than mine)and just the interaction and "confession" with loved ones itself can be very comforting and even uplifting.

Also,always remember: you are the one who perceives yourself to be frumpy, but no one else does! It is your self-conscious secret, not some noticeable fact. Anyway, maybe just try one day living as though you didn't feel frumpy, and see where that takes you--?

I hope you feel much, much better soon, and your painful feelings of "frumpiness" let go of you, SOON, setting you free from that terrible cage.

I am feeling exactly the same so I just took a bubble bath and read some cosmo.. feel a bit better! I hope you feel better soon!!

thanks girls. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i really appreciate the thoughts. Theyve made me feel better but have not cured my frumpyness.

Im burnt out from work, i just moved into a fabulous places and theres so much to do and not much of me to go around.

I figure after this weekend ill feel better. Im going to buy a new outfit for this weekend, go out on the town and have fun for once!

Try taking some time out, sitting down with a mug of hot chocolate ( - a couple of marshmallows, too, if you can wangle it!) and a good book for a short while. It gives you some 'you-space' amidst all there is to do around you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Take a big hug, too.

do your makeup, thats why i always do, it makes you feel really pretty and you forget about everything

Aww, go window shopping and see some colours!

{{{HUGS}}} I hope you feel better by now.

mmmm! a nice bubble bath and some magazines always make me feel a little better when I'm down.

We're definitely here for you whenever you need to talk! I don't have the best advice as I almost feel frumpy daily! Hence, the reason I do an FOTD! It's almost an automatic pick-me-up! :hug:

Latest posts

Back