-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Looking for a good coverage foundation...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   Dena

Dena

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 27-March 05
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:35 AM

Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me. I'm looking for a new foundation with really good coverage. I wasn't blessed with great skin, (large pores and lots of red tones), and I currently use Victoria Jackson foundation. (Dream Mousse for 'light' days). I've been using VJ for 8 years now, but I think either my skin is changing or the formula is. Plus it's an older makeup line, and I'm sure it will phase out soon with competitors like Alexis Vogel. Anyway, I don't care if it's in liquid or pancake form, and will spend whatever to get nice coverage without looking like I'm wearing stage makeup. Can anyone offer some suggestions? TIA!

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   NYAngel98

NYAngel98

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,636 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dena
Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me.

I'm looking for a new foundation with really good coverage. I wasn't blessed with great skin, (large pores and lots of red tones), and I currently use Victoria Jackson foundation. (Dream Mousse for 'light' days). I've been using VJ for 8 years now, but I think either my skin is changing or the formula is. Plus it's an older makeup line, and I'm sure it will phase out soon with competitors like Alexis Vogel.

Anyway, I don't care if it's in liquid or pancake form, and will spend whatever to get nice coverage without looking like I'm wearing stage makeup.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

TIA!
Hey Dena! You might want to try out MAC Moistureblend... you can have sheer to full coverage - depending on how heavy you apply. Dermablend is also full coverage, and L'Oreal Visable lift Extra Coverage - my mom wears that & it's a full coverage that is really nice & pretty cheap. You might also want to check out the new one Laura here has been using... Estee Lauder Double Wear. Posted Image
Helping to MakeOver the World... One Post at a Time

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   KMEFH

KMEFH

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

Try Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, u only need a REALLY little bit, but it gives excellent coverage, and looks really natural. It's sorta high-end, but the little pot will last you like 1 1/2 years. Plus it doubles as a consealer.
Hi! I'm new here, and maybe someone can help me. I'm looking for a new foundation with really good coverage. I wasn't blessed with great skin, (large pores and lots of red tones), and I currently use Victoria Jackson foundation. (Dream Mousse for 'light' days). I've been using VJ for 8 years now, but I think either my skin is changing or the formula is. Plus it's an older makeup line, and I'm sure it will phase out soon with competitors like Alexis Vogel. Anyway, I don't care if it's in liquid or pancake form, and will spend whatever to get nice coverage without looking like I'm wearing stage makeup. Can anyone offer some suggestions? TIA!

After you are beautiful you can get into 'why' [so many products] - if you even still care. -- Way Bandy

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   Director

Director

MuT Babysitter

• Administrators
  • 22,358 posts
  • Joined 22-October 03
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:40 AM

Hey Dena, Sorry I can't help cuz me a man, but just wanted to WELCOME y ou to MakeupTalk

facebook-projectmgr2.png

Need Help? Hit our Tech Support Forums

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   Laura

Laura

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 06-May 04
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:53 AM

Hiya Dena, i recently found my HG full coverage foundation & its Estee Lauder Double Wear. I absolutely love it for days that i need extra coverage & it lasts for SO long. Try and get a sample at your local counter!

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   K*O*

K*O*

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:09 PM

Hi Laura, I'm looking forward to checking out that Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation as well- is it really good coverage ??? ...I love the full coverage foundations on my skin...the light/med. coverage just doesn't cut it - by the end of the day you look so washed out, & like your ready for bed... lol
~~ Karen ~~
The BIGGER the hair, the smaller the waist

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   keaLoha

keaLoha

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
Reviews

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Provides ample coverage w/out looking cakey & fake.

I agree w/the Aucoin's SSE, but if you've got combo/oily skin like me, it's not ideal--it settled into my pores & looked dreadful. Posted Image However, YMMV w/it, so get a sample & see how it works for you.
Gail

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   Dena

Dena

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 27-March 05
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for your imput everyone! Off to sample hunt....

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   KMEFH

KMEFH

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Joined 24-March 05
Reviews

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by keaLoha
Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Provides ample coverage w/out looking cakey & fake.

I agree w/the Aucoin's SSE, but if you've got combo/oily skin like me, it's not ideal--it settled into my pores & looked dreadful. Posted Image However, YMMV w/it, so get a sample & see how it works for you.
How did u use it? the formula is actually really dry and made to sit on the skin rather than be absorbed by it, thats why i usually reccomend mixing it with a moisterizer 1st, obviously u should not do this! Sorry it didn't work for u though, hope ur able to get it too!!Posted Image
After you are beautiful you can get into 'why' [so many products] - if you even still care. -- Way Bandy

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   K*O*

K*O*

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Reviews

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:37 PM

Laura, got the Estee Lauder foundation (your HG)...lol ~ its beautiful, I'm using the soft-tan...and luvin' it! Posted Image
~~ Karen ~~
The BIGGER the hair, the smaller the waist

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   Laura

Laura

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 06-May 04
Reviews

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hey Karen! Ya Janelle told me earlier that you bought it! Its great isn't it although you've to blend it in real quick coz it dries fast but once dry it stays on your face all day Posted Image