What is the best foundation for large pores?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone know what the best foundation is that can hide or make my pores look smaller, because most of the foundations i have tried have only made my pores appear larger and made them stand out more

thanks so much

:]

I really like MAC's Studio Fix Fluid.

Really great coverage and I have somewhat large pores!

Use primer for sure. I used studio fix and hated it. The girl and Dillards convinced me to try primer and it works so much better. I have large pores aruond my nose and mouth.

use a primer

and if i ever found a way to get rid of those pores i'll let you know!!!!

I also have this problem and I like Clinique Pore Minimizer. I tried MAC Prep & Prime Face and it doesn't work as well for making pores appear smaller. I also use Dermacia foundation and I think it gives great coverage without looking cakey.

I have started using Stridex pads without alcohol and they have significantly reduced the appearance of my pores.

you can't make them smaller-- but you can make them appear smaller by keeping your face clean and your pores unclogged. i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE all of philosophy's products.. and since i've used them my pores have appeared smaller. i use the MAKE-UP OPTIONAL kit, on a clear day, oxygen mask, and the present (primer).

I use the t-zone mattifier on my nose from lancome's pure focus series...it goes on like a gel and dries to a matte "powder"...then i apply foundation..works good, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just started using Dr. Brandt "pores no more" primer, and I really like it. It's supposed to minimize the look of your pores and help shrink them at the same time.

using a toner helps. someone told me tht splashing face with cold water or using ice cube(though not directly) minimizes pores. havent tried it though ...

i really think i have the biggest pores in the history of pores, nothing worked at all for me until i started using an all natural facial scrub i saw online by michelle phan. it's just sugar, olive oil, and honey. it works amazingly! i use it every night, and if i stop using it, i see the difference immidiatly.  i have smaller pores and less redness. also, i put a very small amount of olive oil on my skin before i put on makeup. (i have VERY dry skin, i don't recommend this if you have oily skin), it blocks makeup and dirt from getting in your pores. and makes sure your makeup doesn't do that peely  thing that makes your skin look horrible. 
i also use benefit pore proffesional before putting on makeup. it minimizes your pores significantly. it's pretty expensive, but very worth it!

i hope this helps someone. it took me years to perfect my regimine so i don't have noticelbly large pores. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Use a primer... Then buff your foundation onto your face... You want to cover all the surfaces that are showing so you do end up with shadows 

Originally Posted by Carly Houpt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i really think i have the biggest pores in the history of pores, nothing worked at all for me until i started using an all natural facial scrub i saw online by michelle phan. it's just sugar, olive oil, and honey. it works amazingly! i use it every night, and if i stop using it, i see the difference immidiatly.  i have smaller pores and less redness. also, i put a very small amount of olive oil on my skin before i put on makeup. (i have VERY dry skin, i don't recommend this if you have oily skin), it blocks makeup and dirt from getting in your pores. and makes sure your makeup doesn't do that peely  thing that makes your skin look horrible. 

i also use benefit pore proffesional before putting on makeup. it minimizes your pores significantly. it's pretty expensive, but very worth it!

i hope this helps someone. it took me years to perfect my regimine so i don't have noticelbly large pores. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glad you found something that works for you! ;-)

Back