Very Interesting....Creme de la mer vs. Nivea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here are Creme de la Mer ingredients:

SEAWEED (ALGAE) EXTRACT [] MINERAL OILPARAFFINUM LIQUIDUMHUILE MINERALE [] PETROLATUM [] GLYCERIN [] ISOHEXADECANE [] CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) EXTRACT [] MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX CERA MICROCRISTALLINACIRE MICROCRISTALLINE [] LANOLIN ALCOHOL [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS (ECALYPTUS) LEAF OIL [] MAGNESIUM SULFATE [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED [] MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED POWDER [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEEDCAKE [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL [] SODIUM GLUCONATE [] POTASSIUM GLUCONATE [] COPPER GLUCONATE [] CALCIUM GLUCONATE [] MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [] ZINC GLUCONATE [] PARAFFIN [] TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE [] NIACIN [] BETA-CAROTENE [] DECYL OLEATE [] ALUMINUM DISTEARATE [] OCTYLDODECANOL [] CITRIC ACID [] CYANOCOBALAMIN [] MAGNESIUM STEARATE [] PANTHENOL [] LIMONENE [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] CITRONELLOL [] BENZYL SALICYLATE [] CITRAL [] METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE [] METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE [] ALCOHOL DENAT. [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

Compare to Nivea Creme:

Triple Purified Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate

The two have these ingredients in common:

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate

Funny how the ingredients are so similar, save for several plant extracts, but 6 oz. of Nivea is $7.00, while just 1 oz of Creme de la Mer is $110. Great, huh?

I see the point you're trying to make...but I think the "several plant extracts" are what is supposed to make the difference with La Mer. Particularly the Seaweed. I have not used Nivea and I've tried a sample of La Mer. Either way La Mer is a pain to apply and it's way too pricey.

I believe that excluding the seaweed, the amount of other extracts present in Cremem de La mer are small and the glycerin and mineral oil are what give skin the smooth moisturized feel. I don't think the plant extracts are worth as much as La Mer asks for

I have to agree with sheil2009 on this one- never tried either one but I try not to be sucked in by super expensive skin care etc.

i too have to agree with sheil2009, i have use nivea lotion for years and it whips my dry skin's butt.. im not gonna pay a arm and two legs for skincare

i have never tried la mer but i tried nivea for face. it is a bit greasy, not correcting skin tone and not helping to fill lines.

for modern skin care products, personally i think it is a game of chemicals. (they are all mixing natural extracts and chemicals. i dont believe there are real pure natural products.) the different order to put in ingrediants could make difference. also different producers use different technology.

anyway la mer is too pricey. it keeps me away from trying it.

:glasses: OMG that is really intresting.. I've always wanted to get a pot of cream de la mer but looking at the ingrediants... parfum (I cant use anything with fragrances).. mineral oil.. petroleam..... it sounds like any other cream

I have tried both. I was in the mall once, and one of the sales associates put some creme de la mer on my face. If felt and acted exactly like Nivea. I was not that impressed.

interesting. i've never even thought of buying high-end (let alone very high-end) skincare!

THANK YOU for the thread! I've been wondering about this lamer lipbalm ingredients and what so special about it since the price waaay to pricey just for a lipbalm.

i have a body cream from Nivea. that's a wonderful cream and not that expensive, but i must say, don't buy the blue packaging. the texture is so thick it takes time to be absorbed by your skin. but it's great for dry skins :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my dad uses a neutrogena cream as aftershave.

Back