Best Jeans for short people?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm short 5'4" and all the jeans are too long for me and I can't afford to have them hemmed. Does anyone know of any brand of nice looking jeans for shorties. I heard Eva Longoria has a fav brand in one of her interviews but I didn't catch the name. Please don't recommend petities because I have never found anything cute that was in the petite section. Thanks a bunch!!

LOL. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm 5'0". Levis, Abercrombie, and Hollister all offer short inseams for shorter girls. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, if you shop GAP online, I believe all of their jean styles are available in petites as well (so it's not just ugly jeans in petites).

I know if you buy a pair of jeans from Nordstrom's (they carry a lot of great brands) that they'll hem them for you for free.

hth!

P.S. Getting jeans hemmed really is not that expensive. It depends on where you go and what you want done, but I don't think they would charge more than $15 to get a pair of jeans hemmed.

I found alot of great pants that are petite. And yes Abercrombie, Gap, Levis, Hollister and even PacSun all have jeans for us shorties.

I'm 5'3, and American Eagle's short length jeans fit me well. I don't know if they would work if I were any taller, though.

Cool thanks, I think I'll try american eagle, they have one at the local mall. If anyone knows any specially made designer jeans for shorties drop the name. Thnx.

I'll have to check out some of these brands when im in the US, im a shortie too and also most jeans over here hang of me cause most shops dont do smaller than an 8, so whats the smallest waist these jeans come in??

I'm 5'4 and whenever I need pants or jeans I go straight to Express. Sometimes they have great sales and I get a couple.

Banana Republic also carries nice ones , but that's more expensive.

You should also check Ann Taylor Loft.

Gap jeans fit me wonderfully, so I guess I would recommend their jeans in the Short length.

Usually the smallest they come in is a size 23-24 inch waist (Usually labeled as size 0 or size 00 depending on the brand). hth!

keep plenty good belts and high heels, the two in combination help me a lot and I am shorter than you are. I cinch them on my waist so the jeans will stay put. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i am 5 foot even or so. I have been very happy with Tilt jean's short size.

The jeans themselves too. durable and pretty, not cheap nor outrageous. i think on sale they can be like 25 bucks a pair.

"petite" size sections often do have jeans that are too matronly, oldschool, or too plain. I don't know where you are from but Ross dress for less has good petite jeans and pants on sale sometimes. oh yeah, and stores that have a "short' size usually have better looking stuff. The inseam will be like 27 or 27.5 inches in the short sizes, usually.

Get those at Tilt jeans Pacsun, it will be at a local mall or PacSun is online too. i patsed a URL but it put up a BS ad haha i took it down.

I take a size 9 in their jeans so i'd say they run large but not VERY much. try some on, if you dohn't like the styles available instore just say you'll come back- and buy the same brand online.

They look very very good. I got a pair of tilt from online in a 9/short and they are still long on me (I wear highheels or boots to help) on you if you are 5 foot 4 they may fit you perfect. the ones I got have sequins stiched are flare and have sequins stiched across the pockets, not too plain for a night out and too drssy for a casual outing. I love em but am gonna learn to them any damned way since I am so petite.

try JC penny or jc penny online, do look at levi's... I liked the 515 bootcut best. You can search in any size on jc penny's. Pay acreful attention to the inseam listing as some makers have certain styles of jeans that will run small or run long...cade in point my very frist tilt jeans. I got them instore, the salesman told me the pair i picked ran small.

The jeans will be comfy and stylish but may be a bit plain.

i find i like lucky brand jeans, guess jeans, hollister, or american eagle jeans

and they all come in short lengths

Many brands now come in Short, Average, and Tall lengths, such as the brands already mentioned in this thread. I also know that New York and Company make short jeans -- I am 5'5" and their short jeans barely reach my ankles, so they would probably be great for someone who is about 5'4"! They come in sizes as small as 0, and go up to maybe 14 or 16? I'm not sure what the biggest size is.

hemming is too easy! you dont need to pay for that. of course, i guess if youve never done it it isnt that easy. but i love to sew.

anyways, i buy my jeans ususally from delias. they have inseams you can choose. i actually got a pair that were a bit too short. (im 5'3) but yeah, many sites online allow you to choose your preferred inseam..if you just look around.

If you are going to spend the money to get the same jeans Eva wears you can afford to have a pair of jeans hemmed. It only costs 10 bucks or so. And it is soo worth it. I have to do it all the time.

Back