Should Loose Powder Be Lighter Than Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Peace be upon all di ladies ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haf a question? I am about to invest on a bobbi brown foundation and loose powder. And i got the lady at the counter to test for my right shade. I was pretty satisfied with the foundation color. But the loose powder was much lighter than the foundation. And when she put it on my face, it did look fine? But im paranoid, as usual? And i always wanted to know if the loose powder should be lighter than the foundation? Please help me all u experts!!! :moa:

I would say same color, couse you wouldn't want to look pale or blochy.

I would also go with the same color, unless the formulation is such that a lighter color would be overpoweringly light. If it seemed fine to you (especially in natural light outside), then the shade she gave you should work.

Like other have said..Yes Foundation color and powder would be same..then it match perfect. I learned from MUT! experties

IMO, It doesn't have to be darker or lighter than your foundation. Try on different powders, and whatever looks best, purchase that one.

WEll I use purple powder, i dont think it matches my foundation since i dont have purple face..

I think powder doesn't really show the color.. so choose whatever color you think its best for you!!!

i think powder should match as closely as possible your foundation. but if you can't find the same shade, i'd say go for a lighter. as long as it looks good on you with making you look like a ghost, you'll know this is the right shade for you.

I think the loose powder should match foundation but then again if it looks great and you like it then just leave it alone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Since it is loose powder, unless you are applying a lot it won't really deposit that much color (light or otherwise) if you are just quickly going over your face with a large brush. I use translucent loose powder over my foundation which obviously looks very light in the container but does not show up as any color on your face.

I use MAC Select sheer Loose Powder in a shade much lighter than my MAC SFF but it looks great !!

It can be lighter or darker. When it comes down to it, if it looks good, don't worry. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use translucent which for me isn't that much lighter than my foundation since I am pretty light.

Hi this is exactly what happened to me, it looks so light on the container but when she put on ma face, my face looked brighter but healthy? But i was just frighetend cos it was like two shades lesser than my foundation

Back