Massive break out....could this be the reason?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My face has broken out the past few days worse than it EVER has. I mean....huge zits, the point to where they're going to scar if I pop them or I DON'T pop them...and I was just wondering if this is why:

I put on MMU daily, everyone I think pretty much knows how I am about that-- I cannot and will not be seen without makeup. Well I took a trip this past weekend and forgot some of my finishing dust, so I just bought a Covergirl compact to put over my MMU when necessary throughout the day. I haven't used non-MMU makeup in forever...is that why I'm so broken out now, because the cover girl? It's all over my nose and cheeks and chin, which is where I would primarily dab it, because that's where I get the most oily.

Help! Is that why? And what the heck do I have to do to get these zits down and go away? It honestly looks more like I've broken out in complete hives than zits or something anyway, all have heads and/or have been popped either voluntarily or involuntarily at this point...what do I do?

Could very well be. I slacked off on using mineral foundation every day last month, and my skin got all splotchy without it, and I know "inferior" products can be rough on your skin when your skin is used to much better & fewer ingredients.

To get rid of them, have you tried wearing a decent amount of your mmu on your face without moisturizer or primer for a few days? If not, try that, at least at home, and maybe a light dusting overnight.

I'd also suggest tea tree oil twice a day all over before applying the mmu, but if your skin is sensitive normally it might make the redness a little worse.

You could be having a reaction to the Covergirl stuff you used if the break out happened after you used it.

When I get spots, I dab some tea tree oil onto them before I go to bed. It really helps to bring the redness and swelling down.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. At least this will teach us not to do this kind of stuff. Don't worry, it'll get better.

It seems quite likely that the Covergirl prompted this problem. For the breakouts ice is recommended to get the swelling and redness to go down. If it is an allergic reaction, taking antihystamine may help.

i would also say it sounds like the cover girl trigged this,im sorry this happened to you and i also had a huge zit last week and i found that neosporin helped alot and i did pop it(bad girl) i am,but i bought mederma for scarring and this stuff is AMAZING on scars,i hope this helps:)

p.s. use the mederma after the pimple goes away,not good to use on a open wound

It sounds to me like you had an allergic reaction, it might be also the reaction between the mineral makeup and the covergirl makeup.

I had something very similar happen to me once when I used this Lancome foundation just for one day! this is when I discovered the beauty of mineral makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would just say continue with your usual routine and drink A LOT OF WATER! By the end of the week my face was back to normal. hopefully this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and good luck.

Latest posts

Back