Two thumbs down for Tru Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a kit of Tru Minerals on eBay and feel like I made a bad, bad decision.

The medium is actually orange - I looked like I was wearing that noxzema scented foundation that girls used to wear in the 80s! (remember that?) When I wiped it off, I could NOT believe how the cleansing cloth looked. YUCKO. I am returning it for a refund but I don't recommend this brand. I was almost afraid that it was just crushed up wet-n-wild powder put in a fancy package!

It's always disappointing when something doesn't work at all. But at least there's plenty of other brands for you to try.

ew! that sucks! i just hope you get the refund back so you can buy something worth while. good luck =]]

and thanks for the review. i'm finally starting to first buy minerals, and i need to know what the deal is with some of these companies.

Uh wow, what a disappointment! But at least they're taking them back without a hassle for you, that's good. I'm always weary about buying MMU on ebay, I have to admit.

If you used Paypal you can file a dispute and say that the item was not as described...which it really wasn't..

They have good feedback and offer a money back policy, so I have contacted the seller to let them know it is being returned. I think they are going to be okay, but I will of course file a dispute if they give me any difficulty. I just can't get over the color! It was ORANGE orange! :lol:

This was not "True Cosmetics" with the Idebenone in it was it? that is really expensive stuff, so I am guessing this is an Ebayer trying to get play from their name??

If this was the real True then WOW that is BAD!

Sounds like a bad dream! That's why I swear I won't buy anything before I try it, and right or wrong I steer clear of ebay when it comes to makeup. Paranoid? well, maybe so but I can't help it!

I hope you get your refund.

Oh Sherry run do not walk girl to get your money back!!! Orange is not a universal foundation color at all.:sleepyhead: (But you know what, when I tan I'm orange SHHHHH)

I'm pretty sure this isn't the same co., I also noticed this brand while cruising the Ebay scene. I'm really happy I saw this thread cuz I was thinking of ordering their foundation/mineral veil combo; it comes w/ a brush and they are in 50 gr. jars for both the foundation/mineral veil for under $25 including shipping to Canada...awesome prices too bad the products are crap. :scared:

i love buying stuff off ebay and luckily i always get what i have paid for but now i will deffinatly be more cautiious

I did get my refund-including a shipping refund right away! They were very nice and I didn't have any trouble with them whatsoever!

I would look to see what they have as far as eyeshadows and other colors. Although their foundation was a very odd color (oompa loompa is right!) :lol I think their prices and service are outstanding. I will try them again but just skip foundation at this point!

Back