-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Difference mac nw 25 or nc 25

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   fsumom456

fsumom456

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 22-October 05

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

can someone tell me what the difference is between the nc 25 or nw 30 mac foundation... Thanks... Pam

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   Shanelle

Shanelle

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Joined 31-December 69

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

NW has warm [yellow] undertones and NC has cooler [pink] undertones.
I thinkkk that's right. :eusa_whistle:

Edit I actually don't know because I remember reading a thread about MAC's shades being confusing, so you should think of it as "NW - Not warm" and "NC - Not cool" :vogel:

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   fsumom456

fsumom456

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 22-October 05

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:20 AM

so how do you know which one you should use?

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   mowgli

mowgli

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 25-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

It depends on your colouring...one way to check this is to look at the veins on the underside of your wrist, if theu appear blue you have cool undertones, so NW. If they appear green then you have warm undertones and NC is supposed to be better for you. I say supposed because I have yellow undertones, but I hate the way NC35 looks on me - it looks all yellow -- bluueggh, while NW30 is just right for me, and makes me look healthier too.. NC35 makes me look sallow..not healthy no matter what my undertones are. Best thing to do is get samples and try the different shades yourself at home...

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   Shanelle

Shanelle

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Joined 31-December 69

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

Warm: Eyes are typically brown, green or hazel. Haircolor typically brown, black, red, auburn, blonde or strawberry blonde. Skin has yellow/orange or olive undertones. In natural light, the color of the veins on the underside of your wrist are greenish. Cool: Eyes are typically blue or grey. Haircolor typically blonde, brown or black. Skin has definite blue and pinkish undertones. In natural light, the color of the veins on the underside of your wrist are bluish.

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

i think if your not sure you should go to a mac counter and get match for a foundation..

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   IBMis2

IBMis2

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 01-February 07

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Thanks, I just learned something here. I totally read the website wrong. LOL I thought if you were cool you needed NC. Oh well, it looked fine on me. :)
~Melissa~

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   Sarah84

Sarah84

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

it is the opposite way round with MAC NC is infact warm (yellow) undertones and NW is for cool (pink) undertones

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   hollywoo

hollywoo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 25-January 07

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:44 AM

-ditto- I'm useing NC25, with (yellow) undertones, all I know is that I can't use NW serries. If I use any NW--, my face would turn to redish or pink all day long. For your reference....
Hollywoo

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   blonde65

blonde65

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Joined 26-November 06

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:12 AM

I think its the other way round. I only know this because I went into MAC with really bad panda eyes and a bright red nose and face(I forgot my sunblock) She used NC25 on me and said it was because the yellow in it cut the red on my face. I usually use NW20 which is much pinker. Confusing isn't it?

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   reginaalear

reginaalear

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined 18-August 06

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

I have Redness in my face so the MUA for mac said I needed NC when I asked what that is she said it's Neutral Cool! I always thought that warm covered redness who knows...lol I have to buy online cause there is no store near me and I'm soooo confused!!! :)
~Check out my items for sell in the sale forum~