-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

What eye cream is best for "mature" women?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   newbloom

newbloom

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 14-August 06
Reviews

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

Hi, I hate to admit to this, but I'm at the age where the eye area is my biggest concern (wrinkles, sagging) etc. I do have some good eye care products, but am looking for one that is SUPER moisturizing. Most eye creams just seem too light & watery for me. I'd love to find one that seems thicker and keeps the eye area moist feeling all through the day. Any recommendations? Thanks so much!

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

hi newbloom and welcome! i have the same concerns. i'm in the 40+++ crowd and need something regularly to keep the skin around my eyes hydrated and the puffiness reduced. because my skin tends to be oily i like origins no puffery eye gel. i've even started using it on my lids and it's working very well for me. if your skin is on the dry side i would suggest skyn island islandic relief eye cream. i picked mine up at sephora. i stopped using it because the creamy texture was a bit heavy for me, but is was very hydrating and did a good job of brightening my under eye area. it's a bit pricey, but may help depending on your needs. hope this helps!

Posted Image
Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

I'm in this crowd too. But, I only use a heavier cream at night because if I use one during the day it makes my eye makeup smear. I have yet to find my HG eye cream (I've tried a ton!), but I'm currently using my Burt's Bees Royal Jelly Eye Cream and I like it. HTH

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   Maggie2

Maggie2

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 24-October 06
Reviews

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:37 AM

Best eye ? My vote goes to naturalis eye revive cream. It is a good moisturiser also. Cheer!

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   Miss Lauren

Miss Lauren

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 17-April 05
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Caudalie Contour Eyes & lips for day- very moisturising, smooth even base for make up and fantastic job at reducing dark circles and lines OR Caudalie Anti-Ageing Serum Eyes & Lips for a really intensive anti-ageing treatment that's great value and in my opinion, works incredibly well and really helps with 'ageing' concerns

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   kellianne76

kellianne76

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Clarins makes some good eye creams and eye serums.

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   dlwt2003

dlwt2003

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 30-October 06
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

I use squalane oil, its ok for the eye area and pretty inexpensive, does wonders for my whole face
~~Debbie

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

Clinique All About Eyes Rich--their new, extra moisturizing formula---and Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream