Does anybody use il-makiage products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody :vogel:

I`ve been on MUT for a while already and, I must say, you, guys, make my addiction to make up even more "pathological" than it was before (but no complaints, it`s good to find some kindred souls). What I`ve noticed, however, is that nobody ever mentioned using (not even speaking of likes or dislikes) il- makiage`s products. In Israel, for instance, every more or less decent mall has their stores. What about US? Is it not such a popular cosmetic line there?

Me personally can`t say that I`m a huge fan of them, but they do seem to have a pretty big variation of colours (at least for eyes and cheeck) which also have a good staying power. And now, I`ve seen their ad about the new line of mineral make up! That`s the reason I`ve been posting this thread.

Since I have zero experiment with mineral cosmetics (except for the Dead sea skin care products), it`s a good chance for me to go there and try the mineral make up . So, I`m a bit excited over this whole "adventure"!

When I do that, I`ll let you know how it worked. If somebody has already tried their mineral line before, please, give me some comment on it.

Ouf, sorry for such a long post

I'm familiar with Il makiage from the 90's. I loved their items that I had and they are high end in quality. I'd definitely think that their mmu would be excellent too. They were always cutting edge on innovations and quality

That`s so funny!

I guess, since you have such a huge variety of cosmetic companies in US you may never heard of this one. It looks like people who live outside US hear of it more often than those who live inside:) I just thought it`s one of the leading brands in US, that`s all.

Anyway, thanks to all for your replies. If my experience with their mineral make up be worth of replying, I`ll let you know.

Yesterday, I was at their store and tried the mineral make up. Their make up consultant has put on my face their whole kit of mineral products-- the powder foundation, the bronzer , the shimmer and the eye shadows. In one word I can describe my experience with their mineral as this -DISSAPOINTED!!! I don`t see the reason why they also have the shimmer in their line--my whole face was terribly shining already without it! The pores become so vivid as well as some lines under the eyes (which I don`t usually have). Moreover, not only did it give me such a terrible over shining effect, the whole make up, especially the shimmer and the eye shadows went out of my face in about 3 or 4 hours. Please, don`t get me wrong, but If I haven`t seen your perfectly natural, flawless faces with the mineral make up on, I would have been thinking bad bad things about the mineral make up in general. It`s such a pitty that my first encounter with the minerals was such a failure:( Unfortunatelly, they are also the only company who is exporting the mineral line to Israel. Actually, I think this is not their products but of some other company which they resell here.I was so dissapointed that I didn`t even remember the name written on the jars--something beginning with Whi... whitherland? or something ...not sure..

I would even attach here the pc of me wearing their minerals with a slogan something like this: "HOW TO BECOME UGLY IN TWO STEPS" but, frankly I don`t know how you do that. If somebody teaches me how to attach pcs to the message, I promise I`ll be ready to humiliate myself just to be sure nobody else buy their products...

I am from the US and YES I have heard of it! I LOVE their make-up, such great pigmentation!

I think they have better eyeshadow than MAC does. I still like MAC though for their piggies and other misc items.

First of all "Hello, Im new" When Im feeling less shy Ill do an official intro.

Im also in israel, Jerusalem in fact and am trying to get any information I can about the El-Makiage products (not jst the mineral line) as Im planning to do a Master Makeup course with them. So far no one from the UK has heard about them at all.

Has anyone done this course with them? Should I 'go for it', or is it a lousy idea?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

hi ,

my name is Hanna and i am currently associated with IL makiage make up.i was very surprised that u had such an experience with our products but let me tell u that they r one of the only comp in the world who has an extremely professional line .i actually sell their products and my clients love it .u probably were not helped properly which is surprising.but yet again if Ur wiling to give it another chance id be happy to help.Just to let u know that IL makiage is still used by one of the top celebrity make up artists in the world.Magazines like Bazaar and Vogue are very fond of their make up.if u need more help id be happy to 

Hanna

Hi my name is hannah,

if u need any info or help about il makiage products id be happy to help .i am currently working on a major expansion with the comp .i would be happy to help u out in any way or form regarding their products.if u want to order anything just let me know

hannah 

Back