Vitamin C problem - anyone had this problem?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey...have a question for u guys.....Do you all have any problems with using products that contain vitamin c in them? It seems that anytime i use a product with vitamin c i break out! I've tried numerous vit c stuff and i ALWAYS get pimples so i know that it cannot be a coincidence. Isn't vit c supposed to be good for your skin? Or am i just allergic to it?Please share your experiences with vit c :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Iv never tried any vitamin C products, but it is meant to be great for your skin but maybe its more to do with what you put in the inside that shows on the outside, rather than applying to the skin. Iv just started taking Vitamin C supplements in hope it would improve my skin. I went on acne.org and theres great reviews about taking vitamin C on there.

i never tried vitamin c produts either.. sorry im no help

I've tried vitamin c supplements already but that doesn't do anything to my skin. Just those topical products...serum, face wash...thats all i ever used.

I've used quite a few skincare products with vit c and have no problem with it. Maybe your skin allergic to vit c products or could be from other ingredients as well.

yeaah dont worry i have used every vit c in avaliable in australia and they all break me out horribly

I'm currently using a Vitamin C Serum and I have had no problems with it.

But everyone is different. You're probably allergic to it.

how much are you using? i was told by a counter that vitamin c can be very drying, which will then make you break out while your skin tries to save itself. i could be wrong, but thought i'd throw it out there!

I'm currently using a Vitamin C serum and I have no problem with it. I like it actually. People react differently to certain products.

If i use a vit c product just once, i'm 99.9% sure to break out.

I wish if i could use vit c stuff cuz i've heard it's good for your skin.

no dont think that hunz i swear every vit c cream or even a cleanser breaks me out badly

I've used vitamin c serums, they turn my face red irritated. It can be a sensitivity to it. It's good for skin spots, hyperpigmentation. But only a very little of it, and dont leave it on for too long on the skin. Just apply alittle.

Back