Favorite make-up brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies. So i walk into macy's today intending to buy myself a new purse (i succeeded). Of course ive got to run in to lancom, benefit, clinique.

Like everyone of you, i LOVE LOVE LOVE MAKE-UP. i get giddy and happy when i see anything make-up. Thing is im afraid to try things new that im not familiar with. I know how mac works.. so im only comfortable on buying mac. is there any other brand of make-up that you like other than mac? I guess my fear is wasting a good set of money on eyeshadows/blushes etc... on a different brand because i fear that its not gona be that great. I guess you can say mac is my comfort make-up. PLEASE ladies.. tell what you like and let me know if was worth buying the product...

Sincerley,

Samantha

not really. im not really into anyone elses foundation products.. but everything else im into

:unsure: HI all

Well I just made my first makeup purchases,today I hope i made the right choice

MAC seemes to be a good choice i ended up buying-

Shadow sultress eyes

Mascarra splashproof lash blacksplash

brow set gel

brows brow shader walnut/ivoire

eyeliner eye shadow carbon

Also some MAC brushes

Did I make a good choice:fragez:

Only going to do eyes first until I can get them perfect before moving on to other makeup. This site has so much great information and tips I will be an expert in no time.

Peter

you made a great choice. mac is the perfect make up to use. its very high quality make up for a lot less. just make sure you dont get addicted too quickly!!! lol

All except the mascara are good. You can find way better than MAC's mascaras in my opinion.

Make Up For Ever is comparable to MAC's quality, except a bit better in my opinion. It's one of my favourite brands. I like Annabelle and Quo for drugstore stuff though.

Those are good purchases, except I don't use MAC mascara personally. (You can find better. for cheaper.....plus you need to purchase mascaras more often then other makeup)

The rest is good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Have fun LoL

boinkysamm- I love Urban Decay, Too Faced, Make-Up Forever, Anna Sui..... I don't like Clinqiue, it all has such a fowl smell to me!

Make Up For Ever has some superb products. I love their Star Powders. I want to collect them all! It's not easy to find in this country though, which is probably good for my bank balance.

I really think it's about being a smart shopper and picking the best from different ranges. Like yesterday, I had on Urban Decay foundation, Smashbox blush, Max Factor mascara, Stargazer and Bourjois eyeshadow (I also wore shadow as liner) and Molton Brown lipsalve.

Mix and match, yeah! :rockwoot:

I'm not an expert at all, but MAC seems like a really safe bet. It's hard to go wrong with them, plus they have such gorgeous colours esp on e/s.

Stila makes really great e/s too. I also have their Major Lash mascara which is lovely, although I'm sure you could get something equally good for cheaper.

it's because Makeup Forever is a french brand, started by two makeup artists, i guess it's mostly by Dany Sanz, the MUA you see in the videos.

i don't think you can have a favorite brand, you have favorite items and sometimes you'll have more items from one brand than another. take the best from all the brands. that said, i never dare buying chanel, dior, YSL etc sometimes because it's too expensive for me, or just because i've always thought i could use drugstore brands and when i have a job buy myself some expensive items. i've realised now there's no reason i can't try something i really want and i can treat myself sometimes.

my favorite brands are mac, urban decay, bourjois, makeup forever.

i agree their star powders are really amazing.

I haven't used a lot of their stuff, I have brow zings and I like it a lot. My sister loves their lipgloss.

I believe Sephora carries some.

MAC and Urban Decay are my two most favorite. I also really like a few Benefit things, Smashbox, NARS, LORAC, Dior and there are some really great finds in the drugstore.

Hands down my favorite brand is Bare Escentials. I looove their foundation/all-over face color/mineral veil. It's the only thing that keeps me non-greasy. Their glimmer eyeshadows are great too. I like MAC lipglasses pretty much, and Nars blush (even though I only have one I love it...)

i really like MAC but I hate the idea of getting stuck in a MAC 'rut'. There are so many quality brands out there, you will probably miss out on better/different products if you just stick with one brand.

That said, if you don't care, you don't care! I know there are a lot of MAC devotees out there! lol

I like MAC for e/s and l/g, l/s. Foundation I prefer to look around, I 'cheat' a lot! Blushers I like Nars. Becca do good shimmer powders, clinique good mascaras etc etc...

mac is my first true love with nars comeing in second.. but i do like and use other brands

Back